Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can just go buy an after market touch screen nav system for my accent. But Im a guy whom likes to keep things OEM for later resale value.

I can buy the NAV unit off of a junk dealer (wrecked car) or off of fleabay. My question is, since these cars already have the antenna due to XM, would there be much to installing an OEM touch screen NAV unit? Or would a whole other harness be needed?

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I'm confused here ...

First off, you can't really do it with a GM or Ford - everything goes through the CAN-BUS, and you have to get the dealer to re-program the BCM - and even that won't always work.

If you had an Elantra and wanted to put factory NAV in it, I think it PROBABLY would be just plug and play - but I don't know anyone who's tried it.

But as far as I know, they don't offer SAT Nav for an Accent.

So are you looking to try to put an Elantra Nav radio in an Accent? Even if the plugs work (which they probably will), you'll have a bear of a time fiberglassing it into the dash.

Your best bet is either getting the Metra harness and dash kit and a good double-din NAV system like a Kenwood or Alpine or JVC or Pioneer, or getting a Chinese Android Nav system from aliexpess or similar.

Either can be installed without cutting factory wires, and I don't think they would hurt resale value, but you could always keep the OEM radio and put it back in when you sell the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks,
I hadnt checked on the accent not even offering nav. If they had, I was wondering if it was a plug and play. I had just seen double din nav units for sale. So I knew I could at least put in an aftermarket one.
My XM doesnt work anyway so losing the stock stereo isnt a bad thing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 | GPS Systems - In Dash GPS Systems | CarToy

They sell an adapter that lets you plug your Accent wire harness into this radio for $90

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Wow - $90 for a wire harness.

Free shipping!! Hot selling car dvd player with gps/ipod/bluetooth for HYUNDAI VERNA/SOLARIS/ ACCENT-in Vehicle GPS from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

$329, should be plug and play, I'd worry about reliability and Android is usually better than WinCE - they have many others on that site.

Or -
HYUNDAI ACCENT 12-UP DASHKITS 99-7347B METRA
Wire Harness Into Car HARNESS 70-7304 METRA

$40 and any premium D-DIN radio you want (there are other sellers and maybe better deals.

·
Registered
265 Posts
They have started selling a touch screen unit on the "sports" model here in Aus. Its basically the same car now that everywhere else gets (including cruise FINALLY) with the OEM projector headlights and the new machined face wheels.

It does look very nice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They have started selling a touch screen unit on the "sports" model here in Aus. Its basically the same car now that everywhere else gets (including cruise FINALLY) with the OEM projector headlights and the new machined face wheels.

It does look very nice.
Took a look at this on the Hyundai Aus website and it looks quite interesting! Hopefully all of those great features will come to other versions of the Accent around the world.

In the mean time, does anybody know where one could order a touchscreen radio or similar OEM product?

For the record, here's a photo of the radio. It seems to be a 5" touch display with similar physical buttons around the outer edge as we have on our monochrome displays. It also looks to come equipped with BT handsfree.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts