Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 tucson 2.0 AWD, 1992 Volvo 940 turbo, 1998 Volvo S70T5m, 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend who owns a 2018 tucson is looking to upgrade the speakers in her car as the factory sound system is severely lacking, especially in the bass quality department, like I seriously think my 92 940 turbo's old factory system was better. (she doesn't have the premium sound system in her car just the factory six speaker system 4 door 6.5 inch speakers and one tweeter in each front door.) I'm obviously the guy doing it which is why I'm here. She doesn't want to go all out with a full system and additional amps or anything she's simply looking for the car to have a little more bass quality which is why I think upgrading the 4 door speakers will accomplish that. The problem I'm having is trying to find information on the factory sound system's wattage to each channel and the ohm rating of the speakers as I'm going to base the new speakers I get off of that information. As it is right now I'm currently considering some alpine type S 6.5 inch ones for the doors or possibly some JBLs if she's feeling really fancy. But yeah if anyone has the information I'm looking for or any recommendations that would be great, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just did this to my other car but added an amp for a subwoofer. Along with new speakers which the 1st question I got after my wife heard it was "is it easy to do...I want it too".

Thinking the same route for now just speaker only upgrade.
I know nothing of audio systems or this particular car....didn't even think to lookup the info your requesting to pair with adequate speakers.

Will follow and update if I go forward with this too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check Crutchfield’s website for replacement speaker specs. They have a wide range of products, competitive pricing and specific install instructions and any wiring or mounting adapters.

·
Registered
905 Posts
2 Ohm for the 6.75's. You can use 4 ohm as well. You need an amp regardless to push any kind of bass over stock speakers.

·
Registered
2018 tucson 2.0 AWD, 1992 Volvo 940 turbo, 1998 Volvo S70T5m, 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock speakers are 4ohm Propflux01

Anyways for anyone interested in upgrading their **** factory speakers i bought two sets of the JBL Club 6.5 speakers along with some factory wiring harness adapters and 6 3/4 inch speaker plate adapters so they could fit into the factory speaker location. All stuff I ordered from Crutchfield as I've bought tons of audio equipment from them before and they're a great company. Cost her around $200 shipped for everything.

Install went super easy, honestly probably the easiest door panels I've ever pulled. I had all four installed and ready to go in a little over an hour. The sound difference is night and day, These JBL speakers are 3 ohm so they work very well with the factory head unit that doesn't put out much power. Mids and highs are much clearer and defined and while they aren't as good as a sub or speakers with a high powered amp behind them these JBLs have MUCH better bass than the factory garbage. I can highly recommend anyone who wants some more punch out of their factory system to go this route. If anyone has anymore questions you can feel free to ask me.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Mids and highs are much clearer and defined and while they aren't as good as a sub or speakers with a high powered amp behind them these JBLs have MUCH better bass than the factory garbage.
absolutly true... (y) i would use them & go from there me personally if i was still not satisfied with the sound better Yet i would get a Harmin Kardin stereo CD put in it would really sound nice. for sure.!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stock speakers are 4ohm Propflux01

Anyways for anyone interested in upgrading their **** factory speakers i bought two sets of the JBL Club 6.5 speakers along with some factory wiring harness adapters and 6 3/4 inch speaker plate adapters so they could fit into the factory speaker location. All stuff I ordered from Crutchfield as I've bought tons of audio equipment from them before and they're a great company. Cost her around $200 shipped for everything.

Install went super easy, honestly probably the easiest door panels I've ever pulled. I had all four installed and ready to go in a little over an hour. The sound difference is night and day, These JBL speakers are 3 ohm so they work very well with the factory head unit that doesn't put out much power. Mids and highs are much clearer and defined and while they aren't as good as a sub or speakers with a high powered amp behind them these JBLs have MUCH better bass than the factory garbage. I can highly recommend anyone who wants some more punch out of their factory system to go this route. If anyone has anymore questions you can feel free to ask me.
Nice job. I used JBL club on my Lexus for 4 speakers and Polk audio for the other 2 since I got them new for half price from a guy on the forums. Did before/after testing and tested left/right ad I installed. Much "brighter" I think it's called and crisp sound. Funny how it really doesn't take much to improve factory speakers.
Car mfg. Trying to cut costs wherever they can. And yeah even a Lexus sound system was improved by these very inexpensive JBL clubs.

Definitely plus 1 on getting the speaker adapter harnesses...much cleaner and makes install only take minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts