Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Elantra GT Limited (Upgraded Tech Package)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hyundai Nation, so I'm a first time new Hyundai owner. I bought a 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT Limited, with the tech package and all the bells and whistles... And I LOVE it. But now I'm looking to fully upgrade my sound system. I have 2 NVX 1200 watt 12s in a bandpass box with a 1700 watt NVX D class 1 channel amp,(for the hatchback) 4, 6.5 NVX 300 watt midrange speakers with a 1200 watt NVX 4 channel amp (for the 4 doors)... Yes, I realize that's kinda overkill on the amp for the doors, however in the future I'm planning on swapping them for 8 in. I also have a Sound Storm 2 farad capacitor, 2 KnuKoncepts 4 gauge amp kits, and an NVX out Line converter.

So my question is, I believe I have the built in sub and amp, I've seen them on the passenger side of the hatchback, so is installing the out line converter and 4 channel NVX amp OK, or will I run into problems? I've always had Crown Vics and F350s so big systems have always been my thing. I just have no clue on this new tech package with built-in amp and sub.

Thanks and I hope to be here a lot as I plan on doing cosmetic upgrades this spring.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Elantra GT Limited (Upgraded Tech Package)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Hyundai Nation, so I'm a first time new Hyundai owner. I bought a 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT Limited, with the tech package and all the bells and whistles... And I LOVE it. But now I'm looking to fully upgrade my sound system. I have 2 NVX 1200 watt 12s in a bandpass box with a 1700 watt NVX D class 1 channel amp,(for the hatchback) 4, 6.5 NVX 300 watt midrange speakers with a 1200 watt NVX 4 channel amp (for the 4 doors)... Yes, I realize that's kinda overkill on the amp for the doors, however in the future I'm planning on swapping them for 8 in. I also have a Sound Storm 2 farad capacitor, 2 KnuKoncepts 4 gauge amp kits, and an NVX out Line converter.

So my question is, I believe I have the built in sub and amp, I've seen them on the passenger side of the hatchback, so is installing the out line converter and 4 channel NVX amp OK, or will I run into problems? I've always had Crown Vics and F350s so big systems have always been my thing. I just have no clue on this new tech package with built-in amp and sub.

Thanks and I hope to be here a lot as I plan on doing cosmetic upgrades this spring.
Ps... I spoke to my Hyundai dealership and they told me I had the Infiniti sound system, but it's not as good as my NVX... Is it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.