Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today i decided to upgrade my Azera from the factory horns, to horns that kind of simulate 1980's Cadillac horns. You can buy remanufactured Caddy horns on eBay, but they are quite pricey. Some were even over $100 with shipping. I realized that FIAMM makes horns that mate the same notes (A,C,D & F) as Cadillac. The only difference is that Cadillac used 4 trumpet horns, but i could not find a single manufacturer that made C & D in trumpet, so i had to get them in disc. Below is a YouTube link to a video i made of the sound comparison. The video doesn't really do it justice, but trust me when i tell you it's much louder.

https://youtu.be/q1AQwf79vdk

Here are the 4 horns i purchased:

FIAMM 72002
FIAMM 72112
FIAMM 40310
FIAMM 40365

Other misc. parts:

2 relays
2 fuse holders
lots of primary wire

And finally, the instructions i used for wiring them up properly:

Cadillac 4 Note Horns

The horns are located right behind the grille. The grille does come off separate to the bumper cover, though not easy. You need to contort your arm with a stubby screw driver for two screws. But other than its not that bad. I'm an idiot and did not take pics of the installation process. Sorry! But if anyone else is interested in doing this, i can answer any questions you might have.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,846 Posts
I'd like to do this with my Accent. I bought some sort of upgraded horn but it was just as wimpy. Probably due to a decibel limit regulation. But ended up just adding it to the factory one. Still pretty lame.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to do this with my Accent. I bought some sort of upgraded horn but it was just as wimpy. Probably due to a decibel limit regulation. But ended up just adding it to the factory one. Still pretty lame.
This was an easy upgrade and i'm happy with the results. Highly recommend if you have a couple hours and want to put out about $80 for horns and parts. But with this many horns, you really need to do the relays and grab power from the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts