Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have the 2022 Santa Fe PHEV Luxury trim in Canada. Pretty happy with it other than the battery could be bigger and EV mode always uses gas engine for HVAC. I am looking to upgrade the sound system as the factory 6 speaker system sounds like garbage. Does anyone know anything about it? I have an 8 channel DSP amplifier and I'm replacing all the speakers plus adding a center channel. I may add a sub later. Has anyone else looked into upgrading the sound system?
I'm looking into that now my self. Trying to find the stock sub for now to see if I can reuse the box or at least copy it for a larger sub.

I normally tie into the rear speaker leads and run to a loc and then amp but haven't decided on this on yet. I don't go crazy though. Maybe an 8 or 10in to fill in the missing bottom end then reevaluate the speakers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which sound system is in these cars? I've seen both Krell and Harman Kardon.
In Canada, the highest trim is the "Luxury" trim which has a 6 speaker stereo and I have no idea what it is.
The "Ultimate" or "Calligraphy" trim comes with an upgraded Harman Kardon 12 speaker stereo (I'm not sure exactly how many speakers but it's way more than 6) but the PHEV in Canada does not come in that trim, so the highest trim available in Canada is "Luxury" with a very poor 6 speaker factory system.
I believe the European versions of the Santa Fe have the Krell system.
That's all I know...and it ain't much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking into that now my self. Trying to find the stock sub for now to see if I can reuse the box or at least copy it for a larger sub.

I normally tie into the rear speaker leads and run to a loc and then amp but haven't decided on this on yet. I don't go crazy though. Maybe an 8 or 10in to fill in the missing bottom end then reevaluate the speakers.
according to Crutchfield, an 8 inch sub fits the Santa Fe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In Canada, the highest trim is the "Luxury" trim which has a 6 speaker stereo and I have no idea what it is.
It is perplexing to me how different the trim levels are between countries. It seems at least Canada and Ireland (judging by youtube) get very basic trims in the PHEV. The PHEV in Iceland is available in 3 trim levels, with the base model having almost all the "niceties", the mid-level adding a Panorama roof, and the third one adding Nappa leather, suede head-liner, same color exterior trim, metallic trim around door handles and other vanity items. There's even an option for orderin a 7 seater, 3 row.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is perplexing to me how different the trim levels are between countries. It seems at least Canada and Ireland (judging by youtube) get very basic trims in the PHEV. The PHEV in Iceland is available in 3 trim levels, with the base model having almost all the "niceties", the mid-level adding a Panorama roof, and the third one adding Nappa leather, suede head-liner, same color exterior trim, metallic trim around door handles and other vanity items. There's even an option for orderin a 7 seater, 3 row.
Couldn't agree more! I wanted to buy the top of the line model that includes everything...but no...not offered here in Canada. I would have loved to get the 3rd row option too...and now I'm left having to spend a few thousand bucks upgrading the sound system. Also, the Tuscon PHEV does come in a higher trim...you can get that one in "Ultimate" or "Calligraphy" trim...what gives?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Calligraphy interior is really nice. I wish a moonroof (even non-panoramic) was an option on the SEL or they had a mid trim level. I have no need for Smart Park, folding mirrors, ventilated seats, or some of the other stuff in the Limited trim, and it shouldn't cost US $6k to get a moonroof.... It's also very strange that the SEL has wireless carplay and the Limited does not.
has to do with Apple standards in aspect ratio mirroring. When apple gets around to it there will be a wifi capability in a software upgrade. Until then, only the 8" basic trim infotainment display links up wirelessly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Anyone using premium fuel for you Santa Fe PHEV? I know it's not necessary, but turbo engines normally like higher octane. Any thoughts?
We put one tank of 91 in it when new just to make sure it was clean. Now we just use 87 since it's normally in ev mode or just idling to charge up the battery a bit. If you don't drive like an ass your probably ok. The joy of knock sensors is that you can get away with 87.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts