Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we picked up our 2022 Santa Fe Phev luxury and love it.... However there should have been a higher trim level available.

We would have ordered the phev in the calligraphy edition if it was possible.

Anyway first things first, my wife really misses the old stereo in her last car so I want to add a sub woofer to this car. Can anyone tell me where the factory sub is located on these? In like to retro fit the factory sub into this or at least put one in the same place and wire it up.

2nd, K&n air filter... Has anyone see one? I see they do exist on their website but no one has or has seen one. Not even amazon.

Weathertech floor liners, another member has already mentioned this and they seem to be non existant right now.

I really wish the dealer had a level 2 charger included with these and the range for ev mode is nice but man this would be a whole different experience with a quick charger and a 75-100km range!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
307 Posts
In the UK we get 'Premium' and Ultimate' on the PHEV. Ultimate adds the Panoroof, HUD, Memory/ Ventilated Seats, Surround View, Remote Parking, Premium Audio and some other bits. I'm not sure I would have bought the lower spec vehicle.

Factory subwoofer is located in side panel of the trunk area on the left.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the UK we get 'Premium' and Ultimate' on the PHEV. Ultimate adds the Panoroof, HUD, Memory/ Ventilated Seats, Surround View, Remote Parking, Premium Audio and some other bits. I'm not sure I would have bought the lower spec vehicle.

Factory subwoofer is located in side panel of the trunk area on the left.
Thanks, I'll have a look in that area today to see if the mounts for factory box exist behind the panel. I know the wiring won't but that's not an issue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would have stepped up to Calligraphy trim just to get the Heads Up Display.

A clarification, the level 2 receptacle will still only be half as fast as the one on the Tucson (go figure). All you need is a 240V, 50 Amp receptacle, and a power cable from that to the car. You don't really need all that 50 amp circuit (16 amps would do) but if you are paying someone to install it for you you may as well future proof the work. The car (which has the charger built-in) will still only take up to the 3.3 KW charge, So if you start early in the day, deplete the battery going about 30 miles, end up at home or at a public charging station - plug it in for 3.5 - 4 hours you would be good for another 30 miles for the day EV.

However, take a 200 mile trip your MPG (using EPA estimates which I routinely beat) your mileage would be ((200-31 electric)/33 = 5.1 gallons, 200 miles/5.1= MPG 39.2 for the trip plus the cost of 12.5 kWh of electricity,

I live in a suburban area where nearly all my daily trips fall inside the 30 mile round trip, I do have a level 2 connection in my garage so between trips I do connect the car. The trip data between refuelings only looks at the gas consumption so right now I'm showing a remaining range in the gas tank of 310 miles and 108 MPG on the 273 miles already traveled. Works for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So we picked up our 2022 Santa Fe Phev luxury and love it.... However there should have been a higher trim level available.

We would have ordered the phev in the calligraphy edition if it was possible.

Anyway first things first, my wife really misses the old stereo in her last car so I want to add a sub woofer to this car. Can anyone tell me where the factory sub is located on these? In like to retro fit the factory sub into this or at least put one in the same place and wire it up.

2nd, K&n air filter... Has anyone see one? I see they do exist on their website but no one has or has seen one. Not even amazon.

Weathertech floor liners, another member has already mentioned this and they seem to be non existant right now.

I really wish the dealer had a level 2 charger included with these and the range for ev mode is nice but man this would be a whole different experience with a quick charger and a 75-100km range!
Does your vehicle have wired or wireless Apple CarPlay? The Hyundai website shows that the wireless is only for the lower SEL trim and the higher Limited trim gets wired. I thought that sounded strange.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Luxury
28 Posts
Luxury Trim PHEV comes with the smaller screen and wireless CarPlay.

For a top trim we’re paying for they screwed is out of some features. The Sorento PHEV and Tucson PHEV seem to come with some extras.

Some reasonable things the top trim should have came with: Bose or Harmon audio, ambient lighting, front parking sensors or camera, 360 camera or blind spot cameras, remote pull forward/reverse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Calligraphy interior is really nice. I wish a moonroof (even non-panoramic) was an option on the SEL or they had a mid trim level. I have no need for Smart Park, folding mirrors, ventilated seats, or some of the other stuff in the Limited trim, and it shouldn't cost US $6k to get a moonroof.... It's also very strange that the SEL has wireless carplay and the Limited does not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Probably once the supply chain issues are resolved another trim level "Ultimate" will arrive in Canada as it seems most worldwide markets have several trim levels available. The marketing people could spec the car with the additional options mentioned in this thread but they have to keep the list price under $55K or the Federal PHEV rebate will disappear. Apparently the uptake of electric vehicles in Canada lags other countries, the lack of provincial rebates in Ontario reflects in poor EV sales numbers. Still need all the incentives to offset the additional cost of the hybrid engine and battery pack.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
307 Posts
UK has the higher trim level (Ultimate which appears to be Calligraphy spec), but Ireland does not. Seems to be very much what corporate in your region orders for you. May be worth getting hold of the product owner at corporate and starting a conversation? It would be more around what will sell etc, and they may have thought that PHEV owners would want a cheaper vehicle due to the premium on the battery pack?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probably once the supply chain issues are resolved another trim level "Ultimate" will arrive in Canada as it seems most worldwide markets have several trim levels available. The marketing people could spec the car with the additional options mentioned in this thread but they have to keep the list price under $55K or the Federal PHEV rebate will disappear. Apparently the uptake of electric vehicles in Canada lags other countries, the lack of provincial rebates in Ontario reflects in poor EV sales numbers. Still need all the incentives to offset the additional cost of the hybrid engine and battery pack.
I agree with the rebate, I was buying this regardless of rebate but it did make the price easier to swallow. I can live without most of the things I didn't get due to the luxury being the highest time available. Most of the short commings I'll upgrade or change out on my own. Over all we are happy with it.

Honestly if hyundai enabled charging up to 7.2kwh and gave it a 100km range I think they would have a killer product in today's market. If buy 2 of they offered that, or maybe a santa cruze phev.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Canada the PHEV Tucson is available (as shown on the website) in both the Luxury and Ultimate trim levels, the higher trim level will probably show up in the Santa Fe line eventually. The full electronic pack on the Ultimate Tucson is $2700 more than the Luxury, not a huge amount for surround monitor, larger display screen, front parking sensors, etc. etc. The higher level trim in the Santa Fe would have been my choice, let’s hope it shows up with several more colour choices as well, the PHEV is a bit restricted in that as well for Canada. The Kia Sorento was introduced here with three different trim levels, full dressed version SX at $54,995

·
Registered
9 Posts
All these toys in ultimate trim come with additional 26kg on top of 190 kg extra battery weight
Personally I believe those rear cameras in odometers are distractive and remote parking are useless for 80%
I would better spent $2700 for more capacity battery

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All these toys in ultimate trim come with additional 26kg on top of 190 kg extra battery weight
Personally I believe those rear cameras in odometers are distractive and remote parking are useless for 80%
I would better spent $2700 for more capacity battery
OH I agree. I would gladly trade those options for double the battery size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 2022 Santa Fe PHEV Luxury trim in Canada. Pretty happy with it other than the battery could be bigger and EV mode always uses gas engine for HVAC. I am looking to upgrade the sound system as the factory 6 speaker system sounds like garbage. Does anyone know anything about it? I have an 8 channel DSP amplifier and I'm replacing all the speakers plus adding a center channel. I may add a sub later. Has anyone else looked into upgrading the sound system?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts