Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! Just finished swapping out my Low/High horns. Sounds soo much better and I stayed OEM! These are plug and play no wiring/re-wiring required. Super easy to install. The low horn fits just tilting it down a bit, high horn fits exactly like stock. These are horns off the Equus, love them:
OEM Electronic Horn High Low Equus Horn Kit (fit KIA Sorento R 2011 2012) - Jayongmall.net

If anyone has any questions lemme know, ill be posting some videos and pics soon!

Stock low horn:
Upgraded low horn:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yikes, it is better but sounds like it is going through puberty. Beep beep! :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yikes, it is better but sounds like it is going through puberty. Beep beep! :)
I actually connected the high's where the low's were supposed to go in that video (changed them around when I realized but didnt feel like videoing again), that's the high tone. Ill get a low tone video tomorrow. They def sound better than our crappy high/low tones. lol

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, one of the few complaints I have about the SFS is the horn. My wife always says - "Do you really think you can intimidate someone with that horn?!"
Good job. I may try this as well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What was the process like? Is it a bumper off job? I found a sound clip on you tube and it sounds great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The low horn is completely plug and play no problem. To get to the High horn I drove the car onto some blocks and removed the middle underbody cover. From there you reach your hand underneath to remove the old horn and install. To do both it takes probably 30min, really easy you just have to remove about a dozen screws
High horn

High horn

Low horn spot.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Whodda thunk it... there's two horns in the SFS?!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I actually connected the high's where the low's were supposed to go in that video (changed them around when I realized but didnt feel like videoing again), that's the high tone. Ill get a low tone video tomorrow. They def sound better than our crappy high/low tones. lol
I might be up for doing this... since it's so easy and not a big cost.
With that said - looking forward to your updated video with the high horn in the front.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's strange because my SFS has a "manly" sounding horn. I am surprised by this.

·
22,788 Posts
I want air trumpets, about 115 decibels worth. Locomotive quality. "Get out of my way," or "Watch it bub," quality, as the intended recipient's eyes widen and his knuckles turn white to match his pale and shocked face!!! A mini-gun is the ultimate, but not allowed, unfortunately. :wink2:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want air trumpets, about 115 decibels worth. Locomotive quality. "Get out of my way," or "Watch it bub," quality, as the intended recipient's eyes widen and his knuckles turn white to match his pale and shocked face!!! A mini-gun is the ultimate, but not allowed, unfortunately. :wink2:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's strange because my SFS has a "manly" sounding horn. I am surprised by this.
The stock high tone isnt terrible but I mainly wanted to change the low tone (it's terrible!). I'm pretty sure most kits come with both low and high not just one so you might as well change both if you are gonna do it

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am not sure if it is an "upgrade" but cool to know something different :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
I deleted the one because it wasnt a good video or representation of the horns. The forum wont let me edit my first post for some reason. Here are the new ones showing low and high.

High:
Santa Fe Sport Horn (high) upgrade - YouTube

Low:
Santa Fe Sport Horn (low) upgrade - YouTube
So since I just learned yesterday from this thread that the SFS (and most vehicles) have two horns... your videos are showing the low and high horn seperately... for demonstrative purposes obviously... but what's the overall sound like when both are hooked up?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts