Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have an Australian 2012 accent base model.
It has the crappy monochromatic head unit with the tiny screen, but it DOES have Bluetooth and steering wheel controls.

I'd like to upgrade to the 5" touch screen stereo.
If I just buy the head unit, will it mate up with the existing loom for speakers/mic/steering wheel etc or will it require mods?

And where is the cheapest place to get one? Nicemotors doesn't have them advertised.

Also, can the 5" touchscreen change tracks overt Bluetooth? My girlfriends elantra can do that, but this accent head unit won't (I have to change tracks on the phone itself)

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wondering the same thing myself. I think that the buttons and mic just plug right into standard ports in the head unit, so it wouldn't make sense for Hyundai to change them just because they're switching to a touchscreen stereo.

For the majority of us, the question becomes "where can I buy one?".

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Hyundai does some strange things with wiring. For the remote starter, the Korean and US-built Elantra's use completely different pin-outs, and the Limited with Nav has the same radio harness plugs with all the pins having different functions.

I would think it would be plug-n-play, but without checking the schematics, it's trial-and-error.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Speaking of OEM units, any updates on whether the Aus touchscreen radio will make its way overseas or if it'll be available online?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The AliExpress unit I recently reviewed is plug and play, bluetooth, android, 7" touch screen, looks stock and will get one to you in Australia for about $350-400 including taxes, duties and shipping. Hard to beat!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Accentecr,

Can you srate its OE part number when you have a chance? Thanks, I'd like to put it on my wushlist for my 2015 Accent Sport.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
It's cool to know it works, but I'm not sure I see much advantage to this. It's a touchscreen, but it looks like it is still monochrome. It has BSM. But Australia doesn't have SiriusXM, so that is lost.

The main advantage I see (other than possibly directly changing tracks when BT streaming) would be if you NEVER planned to activate SXM and it bothered you to have three bands of the radio unusable.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I equate SiriusXM to DirecTV and every aftermarket warranty on Planet Earth. They ALL call and or snail-mail me constantly but NONE will ever receive one penny of my hard-earned money ever again. As long as I can BT Spotify and easily manipulate the thousands of .mp3 files on my USB of choice, I'm a happy guy. I believe it has Apple CarPlay (though I despise Apple as much as the other aforementioned companies) and something like Google Go. My main motivation is more functionality with at least as much usable screen illumination I have now (in my 2015) and then I'll hand my current unit to my elder son to replace that uselessly-illuminated unit in his 2012 Accent SE. Win-win scenario in my book.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in New Zealand and have a 2014 Hyundai Accent with no touchscreen. Anyone know how it would be possible to purchase one of the Australian touch-screens? Its plug and play so why not.

Where can I find one? I've had a look on Ebay etc but cannot see any.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts