Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add-on an original backup camera plus upgrade the original radio to the 10.2" Android 6.0 Car GPS Radio Player. Thank you so much..

·
Registered
283 Posts
You can certainly certainly do that. However most people going for original navigation from 2017-2018. It supports android auto and car play.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Santa Fe and the dealer said it had a backup camera but it doesn’t. Can I just buy a stock Sant Fe radio with navigation and camera and replace it with the cheap base radio that came in my 2016 Santa Fe and are there all the wiring hook ups already there???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Major wiring/on-board computer differences between basic radio unit & OEM nav unit. Also bezel differences. I’m not sure the switch out is even feasible or practical. There are several rereads, here, that discuss the matter. At least that is what I found with mt ‘14 SFS that has OEM 8” display navigation head unit.

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD Ultimate
14 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Santa Fe and the dealer said it had a backup camera but it doesn’t. Can I just buy a stock Sant Fe radio with navigation and camera and replace it with the cheap base radio that came in my 2016 Santa Fe and are there all the wiring hook ups already there???
I’m looking at the specs for the 2016 and it says it has a backup camera even in the base model without NAV. Did you get this resolved? Should be able to see it right above the license plate if it’s there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts