Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace my stock non-nav radio. The prices are so marked up at the stereo shops so I am going to buy the components and shop around for someone to put it all together. I want to get a backup camera and see the prices from $13 up to $300+. Any advice which camera to get? My former car had parking sensors and I really miss that.

This is what I am planning. I like pioneer for the voice controls for my Ipod and mirrorlink for my android phone. Is there anything missing? Would you recommend another headunit? I haven't decided which one is better and will have to compare them carefully. I don't use Sirius but might listen to HD radio.

Axxess Metra ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface with New Micro B Connector (Black) $49

Parking Brake Override Bypass Fully Automatic Video in Motion for Pioneer Models AVH-X1500DVD AVH-X2500BT AVH-X3500BHS AVH-X4500BT AVH-X5500BHS $19.99

Scosche Dash Kit for 2011 Hyundai Sonata $38.77. Does this work with the 2013??

Pioneer AVHP8400 / AVH-P8400BH / AVH-P8400BH In-Dash 2-DIN DVD Receiver with 7.0 LCD $448.50

OR

Pioneer AVHX4600BT 7-Inch USB Bluetooth Hi-Volt Pandora DVD Player $339.88

Thanks for any opinions!

·
Registered
89 Posts
You are right on the money

You seem like you have everything you need. If I were you, I would go with a Pioneer backup camera if you get a Pioneer stereo.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...scplp3797317&gclid=COThiKrZ7LsCFcpDMgodHFgA9w

I am doing the same thing. I am replacing my Dimension no NAV stereo with either the Pioneer BHS-8500 or the new Parrot head unit. Check out Parrot Smart, its a stereo that runs an Android touch screen OS. It gets great reviews. It costs $500.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/asteroid-range/parrot-asteroid-smart

1. Stereo
2. steering wheel module
3. installation kit and new double din dash
4. backup camera

Done and done.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a 2011, and that dashkit is one of the best on the market.. And should work with the 2013.. I installed my Pionneer AVH1500 DVD unit in back in October and love it! Best of luck to you

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fit like factory, works with all the controls on the steer wheel.
What did you pay like $1000 for that thing? You can get a better sounding Pioneer with steering wheel controls, Nav, and backup camera for $600

·
Registered
477 Posts
What did you pay like $1000 for that thing? You can get a better sounding Pioneer with steering wheel controls, Nav, and backup camera for $600
$1011.03 to have factory look, "ALL" steering wheel controls where I can still use voice commands, lifetime map updates and traffic as Well as keep my bluelink. But I like to keep things simple and clean.

·
Registered
336 Posts
$1011.03 to have factory look, "ALL" steering wheel controls where I can still use voice commands, lifetime map updates and traffic as Well as keep my bluelink. But I like to keep things simple and clean.
if only they made one for my 6 disc system....

·
Registered
89 Posts
if only they made one for my 6 disc system....
You guys still use CD's. You don't have an Android or Iphone to play your music from. LOL

Just giving you a hard time. I haven't used a CD in about 10 years.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You guys still use CD's. You don't have an Android or Iphone to play your music from. LOL

Just giving you a hard time. I haven't used a CD in about 10 years.
i don't, however the 6 disc system is different than the single disc system and Charles doesn't make a OEM upgrade for mine so i don't have that as a choice.

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess they only have one model (HY1625B), correct?

I know this depends on the head unit but are you left with any gaps around the pioneer?

Lastly if I were to go with one of those other units that comes with the head unit that removes the clock and outside temp. Is there any mod to get the temperature back? What happens if you have a factory NAV radio? Is it displayed on there?

Sorry about all the questions but we just got the car and I want to set it up nice for my wife

·
Registered
480 Posts
I guess they only have one model (HY1625B), correct?

I know this depends on the head unit but are you left with any gaps around the pioneer?

Lastly if I were to go with one of those other units that comes with the head unit that removes the clock and outside temp. Is there any mod to get the temperature back? What happens if you have a factory NAV radio? Is it displayed on there?

Sorry about all the questions but we just got the car and I want to set it up nice for my wife
No problem, that's why this forum exists... Yes that is the dash kit I have installed on my 2011 Sonata GLS with Pioneers AVH 1500 Double din DVD player. As for your other question regarding the time and temp screen above the radio. I like that display and info there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do you know where the temp is displayed on a factory Nav system?
Sorry not sure. Others that have the Navigation I'm sure they can help

·
Registered
166 Posts
To each its own. I can not say that overall look of the dasboard is better with any after market unit I have seen when compared to CompasNav. But that, much like sound, is a matter of preference.

As someone who had experience with my car being broken in to :(, OEM look is a no brainier. Radios may be harder to remove now days but having an aftermarket Nav unit, as ones mentioned above (sans CompasNav), usually means you have other gadgets in your car. Amps, Subs, Ipods, other electronics. Once you give them a reason to get in than your sunglasses go, change you had, camera, etc. Just my two cents

Oh! by the way, i am a CompasNav owner with a backup camera and traffic updates. Pheeeeeenomenal! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts