Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to upgrade the low beam headlight bulbs on my 2018 Kona SEL in order to increase the headlights’ brightness. Unfortunately, I could not find any information specific to this vehicle online.

I did find on a Korean website that the bulbs are H7, 55 watt, PX26d ... but for example Hikari (manufacturers replacement bulbs) states for their LED headlight bulb conversion kit (H7-XHP50+XM-L2) on Amazon, that Hyundai’s do something unique and require anti-flickering adapters.

I’m interested in your feedback and any specific recommendations on what to purchase before I purchase anything.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
First you need to see if it's a standard H7 socket/connection they are using. The H7 low bean and H7 high beam in the Tucson are totally different.

Canbus should handle flicker, non of mine flicker. I did have to use resistors to eliminate the occasional "light out" warning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Take out your stock bulb and compare it to those in your local shop or check for diagrams online. Then get the appropriate LED bulb.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Does anyone know the type of bulb connection on the Kona low beam?

It's not the connector, it's the way the bulb seats to the housing. H7's normally use a spring clip to hold in place. Hyundai has offered a unique H7 adapter that twists in place on the low beams on the Tucson.

Attachments

Reactions: Old's Cool

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’d like to upgrade the low beam headlight bulbs on my 2018 Kona SEL in order to increase the headlights’ brightness. Unfortunately, I could not find any information specific to this vehicle online.

I did find on a Korean website that the bulbs are H7, 55 watt, PX26d ... but for example Hikari (manufacturers replacement bulbs) states for their LED headlight bulb conversion kit (H7-XHP50+XM-L2) on Amazon, that Hyundai’s do something unique and require anti-flickering adapters.

I’m interested in your feedback and any specific recommendations on what to purchase before I purchase anything.

Thank you.
Led will not fit per the screw on dust cover also just plug in play LED's are cheap they are made in China etc and will not give you what you really want. If really want to go all out and have true light spectrum and lumen go with HID, cost yes but in the end you will be amazed in how much more road you will see. You can spend xx amount on the Ebay or Amazon ones but you only pay for it in xx amount of years or months when they burn out. Morimoto or Hylux are one of the best and worth it for HID, you will also have to drill a small hole in the back of the dust cover to pass through the wires then use the supplied grommet to seal. Install is fairly easy and straight forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts