Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Is there a way to upgrade/flash the radio in a 2013 SFS Sport 2.0T to have Apple Car Play? I have seen some sites that would flash the ECU to get Car Play or Android Auto working?

Thanks,

·
Registered
709 Posts
AFAIK, nothing officially released. The updates from mapsoft I thought were tied to the VIN #, so I don't know how anyone is able to use some sort of other vehicle MY update on a stock head unit to accomplish it.

I'd be surprised if the 2013/2014 could do Carplay since Apple didn't release it until later in 2014. I highly doubt Hyundai sent the 2013/2014 HU in for testing/certification to Apple to get it supported. (Ford messed up on their 2016 Edge and while their Sync3 system "supported" Carplay, they apparently didn't have the USB port certified and vehicle owners had to buy a $50 USB module to get Carplay to work). But at least Ford had the ability to swap out the USB ports. I don't think Hyundai has that ability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
mjonis
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing