Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got several questions that hopefully some of you experts can be of assistance with. I've asked parts counter personnel and they look at me with blank stares.

1. I'm looking for door sill scuff plates for the front/rear passenger doors. On the Hyundai parts sites they list one but the parts folks do not know what they look like or how to install them. Some pieces and parts have instruction PDF files posted but these don't.

2. Looking for scuff plate for liftgate floor opening. I know they exist but again the parts folks give me strange looks when I ask for info.

3. I want to upgrade the outside side mirrors to have turn signal indicators. I see the exploded view on the parts sites but not clear what i need to purchase to do this. And definitely need info on installation.

4. Final question for now. What is the best place to buy a full Hyundai service manual? The one the dealer uses. Hopefully it had body parts as well. Back in the pre-internet days i had the thick hardcopy ones that usually came in multiple volumes--mechanical, body, electrical. Not sure what is available today. Haynes manuals are basically useless today from what i can see online.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Door scuff plates are on the Hyundai accessories website.

Link: Door Scuff Plates - Attractive and durable, the Aluminum Door Sills enhance the appearance of your vehicle while protecting the finish from scuff marks and minor damage. 4 scuff plates included.

Link to instructions: https://www.hyundaiaccessories.com/admin_media_uploads/installationSheets/s2f45_ak000.pdf?cts=20200123162819

There doesn't appear to be a cargo area scuff plate, just a clear sticker that would go on the bumper itself:

·
Registered
2020 2.4 SEL FWD
70 Posts
My car came with that appliqué installed as a $70 option. It's ok and looks somewhat protective but definitely not worth that much money.

Since my passengers are my dogs, I like these. This is the one I have in the Highlander. The fold out skirt is very protective for loading and hauling. The thing protects the car really well and makes it easy to clean. Pull it out and shake it. Two minutes and all clean.

I got one of these in gray for the Santa Fe. Better quality. I got the extra large so it can attach to the front seats and protect everything behind them.

There's a thread on here somewhere with a link for a pdf set of every factory manual including the service manual and specific to your VIN. Seems like the cost was $79(?).

·
Registered
45 Posts
The applique is really just some scratch resistant vinyl. You could go to any graphics company that wraps vehicles and see if they can make a larger piece and/or apply it for you for the same amount of money. I know Clear bra kits are fairly expensive but the kit covers most areas that see the wear and tear like the forward facing areas such as the bumpers, hoods, and mirrors for instance. I have seen several shops install smaller pieces on doors and the like for good prices. it might be worth looking for a sign or graphics shop that can handle it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate all of the feedback on the scuff plates for the doors and the manual.

Does anyone have any thoughts on "updating" the exterior mirrors on an SEL to have the turn signal indicator?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Appreciate all of the feedback on the scuff plates for the doors and the manual.

Does anyone have any thoughts on "updating" the exterior mirrors on an SEL to have the turn signal indicator?
There's a chance that cars not equipped with signal mirrors from the factory don't even have the necessary wiring to add them.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL AWD 2.4 GDI (w/ conv/prem packages)
31 Posts
I've got several questions that hopefully some of you experts can be of assistance with. I've asked parts counter personnel and they look at me with blank stares.

1. I'm looking for door sill scuff plates for the front/rear passenger doors. On the Hyundai parts sites they list one but the parts folks do not know what they look like or how to install them. Some pieces and parts have instruction PDF files posted but these don't.

2. Looking for scuff plate for liftgate floor opening. I know they exist but again the parts folks give me strange looks when I ask for info.

3. I want to upgrade the outside side mirrors to have turn signal indicators. I see the exploded view on the parts sites but not clear what i need to purchase to do this. And definitely need info on installation.

4. Final question for now. What is the best place to buy a full Hyundai service manual? The one the dealer uses. Hopefully it had body parts as well. Back in the pre-internet days i had the thick hardcopy ones that usually came in multiple volumes--mechanical, body, electrical. Not sure what is available today. Haynes manuals are basically useless today from what i can see online.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Is it just the SEL certain trims that have no turn indicators? My SEL 2020 has indicators on the mirrors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts