Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

For any one who has been at the dealership recently , have they ever updated the software on your head unit ?

With the constant improvements to apple carplay and android Auto, wondering if the dealer is offering to update the head unit ?

I generally ping my dealer every 6 months or so and I ask if their are any software updates to the Elantra and including the head unit and they generally say nope ..

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Seems like every couple of weeks, google is updating android carplay on my smart phone. Sure updating google maps every couple of weeks as well as Waze.

Have this weird idea the only thing you get for carplay is the hardware to run it, whether it be Apple or goggle, they are the guys that do the software.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You could see if you can get an update here... https://www.hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca/ I ran it on mine as it only had Android Auto and not the Apple Car Play. This isn't a map update, just a software update to the head unit.

Took a while to run once I got the SD card back in the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As the wireless Android Auto have been released recently, hope Hyundai can update the head unit software to support it ASAP. Really so inconvience to still have the cable connection plug in and out everytime.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You could see if you can get an update here... https://www.hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca/ I ran it on mine as it only had Android Auto and not the Apple Car Play. This isn't a map update, just a software update to the head unit.

Took a while to run once I got the SD card back in the car.
Hmmm... that link says that if your car has Apple Carplay that you don't need to update. And any future updates would be done through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hmmm... that link says that if your AA has Apple Carpkay that you don't need to update. And any future updates would be done through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
If you didn't have both Android and Apple, yes update. I didn't have Apple car play (and I don't use it) but it did update the S/W version of the head unit. Now Android Auto handles the updates

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update.hyundai.com only shows navigation system update, what about software update for non-navigation units?

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
55 Posts
This is a February 2021 update, for non-nav units (I updated my 2019 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition, and yes it works). At this link you can check to make sure your vehicle is on the list, download the correct update to a USB thumbdrive and update your unit. This is of course at your own risk. It's pretty much automatic after you start it.
***If your unit states "unit needs to restart" DO NOT DO ANYTHING, it will do it on it's own. It's about a 30 minute process, so be patient.

Link to UPDATE for non-nav Units: Click Here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts