Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The i20 is being updated in July. The details are hard to come by but here are the key bits:

New specification:
Bluetooth connectivity with voice recognition on Comfort, Edition, & Style models
Eco drive indicator (manual transmission)
Interior changes:
Blue instrument and audio illumination
Chrome interior door lock switches
Black seat and door trim standardized
Red/Blue colour pack interiors offered as a customer option at an extra cost of £100
(quoted from autofinders.co.uk)

The prices of all models are apprently going to increase by £300.
The above doesn't mention that the base 1.2 petrol will be tweaked so that the emissions drop below the golden 120g/km CO2, meaning £30 RFL.
Some of the changes match those of the new model released in India (Hyundai India)
but things like the indicator lights in the wing mirrors aren't listed - wonder if they will appear later.

Dealers may not be forthcoming with information yet as there will be old models left over. As the link says, first reg. 1st July.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (Samwheel @ Jun 2 2010, 09:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328916
The above doesn't mention that the base 1.2 petrol will be tweaked so that the emissions drop below the golden 120g/km CO2, meaning £30 RFL.
Any idea if this is achieved by changing the design of the engine or just the engine tuning? If it is all tuning, then perhaps current 1.2's could be re-tuned and qualify for the cheaper UK road tax too?

I thought the 1.2 i20s have the same "Kappa" engine as the 1.2 i10s which already qualify for cheaper road tax.

·
Registered
410 Posts
QUOTE (FTYML @ Jun 4 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329751
Any idea if this is achieved by changing the design of the engine or just the engine tuning? If it is all tuning, then perhaps current 1.2's could be re-tuned and qualify for the cheaper UK road tax too?

I thought the 1.2 i20s have the same "Kappa" engine as the 1.2 i10s which already qualify for cheaper road tax.

Must admit, I would be very interested to know that as well.
A friend has the i10 and as you say only £30 RFL, I think the i20 is tweaked a bit, but for the sake of £60 less, I don't mind a slight tweak backwards.
Surely this can be done very easily.
S.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know the specifics but I would be surprised if they redesigned the engine. For one thing, it was so close to the 120g/km mark, and for another the Kappa engine seems to be Hyundai's pride and joy. That said, I don't know what else they can actually do, I don't think they'd change the exterior (streamlining for example).

Just checked now and there's still no word of the update on the official Hyundai website - more indication that they're trying to flog the current models, push for discount!

·
Registered
162 Posts
QUOTE (silverlining @ Jun 19 2010, 12:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334379
Did you spot the 6 forward gears on the gear stick ----- would that be for Indian market only or for Europe/rest of the world i wonder.

I think i saw on a Dutch Review of the i20 they had a 1.4 diseal with a 6 speed gearbox, does the one in the uk have that?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did anybody hear if the engine can be tweaked a little to get the 30 pound RFL.
S.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It wouldn't make any difference if you could tweak individual cars. As I understand it, the emission figure is decided as standard for that model . So every car of that model pays the same excise duty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"6 Speed transmission on 1.4 CRDi 90PS"

the base 1.2 will become 119 g/km meaning it's £30 for rfl.

But you can't tweak your own car to reduce the tax.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Regarding the upgrades to the i20...
Apparently to make the engine more efficient and
reach the magic 119g of co2 they are using a low-friction
oil, (which begs the question - what are they using at the moment?)
A spoiler which deflects air around the wheels.
The alternator only charges the battery when required so isn't
using engine power all the time.
An indicator which tells you when to change gear - which I think
most of us can manage without!
No official news on the Hyundai website yet.
I would expect a price increase as well.

Lester..

·
Registered
385 Posts
The i20 is being updated already? It only just went on sale a few days ago!! I feel sorry for anyone who buys one now only to have it updated after 1 month :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pick up problems with my i20 sportz petrol 2013 model:
On hill slopes, say, all cars ahead of us are moving at certain speed (40-60 kmph) and in a rhythm say at 3rd or 4th gear. Suddenly, if everybody slow down (not halt) we shift gears. That time when I shift gears from 3rd or 4th to 2nd, my car refuses to climb. Cars ahead of me advance without any hassle, cars behind me then start to honk continuously. Than I am left with no alternative, to gain momentum, I forcefully shift to 1st gear even though the speed is not suited for 1st gear, even though, I know when I shift to 1st gear the car is going to give a solid jerk.
Sometimes, overtaking also becomes tricky, because my car does not gain momentum the way it should. Every time intentionally, I have to lower my gear to gain that momentum for overtaking.
Agree, for some speed brakers we have no option but shift to 1st gear. But on some speed brakers, we can proceed on 2nd gear. At that time after crossing the speed brakers the car does not gain momentum. then the same thing, forcefully shift to 1st gear, experience a jerk and proceed.
Can anybody help .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts