Hyundai Forums banner

Update To The Whining Noise In Front End..

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hyundai_81 
#1 ·
what I assumed the power steering pump or water pump was leaning more towards the power steering pump.. I think. well after looking around I happend to notice alot of fluid residue near the rad, and the fluid resevior was low.. hmm I said ok sounds like I found my problem and I appears that its a power steering line leak somewhere and hense the noise caused by low fluid levels and the leak in the line.. so I added some to max line and works like a charm so now I will be getting that line fixed asap. but I have a question involved here.. would it of damaged my pump from low fluid levels when it was making a noise for a period of about a year or less??

#2 ·
Potentially, yes. Air bubbles can erode the pump vanes via cavitation. You'll know if you have problems when you get the line fixed. You'll either continue to have noise, or you will have less steering assist. If it doesn't make noise and everything seems well and good, then you'll probably be just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.