Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
It's pretty simple.

Pry the trim piece off from the radio (start with the pointy ends by the shifter), unscrew 4 screws, pull out the radio and disconnect.
not quite. i just did this, i installed a pioneer 8200nex. you do start with the side panels, start prying at the shifter, and carefully pull up and out, working upward. there are like 6 screws holding on the faceplate, and 4 holding on the radio. on mine, the faceplate was really ON there, and at first, i thought there must have been some hidden screws. i found it best to start prying at the lower corners of the faceplate. there will be(on a 2016) a single connector for the clock, it was ON there, too. once the connector is off, the faceplate comes off. then the 4 screws hold the radio on, and the radio comes out. you need to find what radio you want, then i would advise you go to crutchfield and get the install pieces, a wiring harness and a faceplate kit. the 8200nex has android auto and apple carplay. pioneer avic absolutely SUCKS, so dont plan on paying extra for it. i also dont think the 8200nex is bright enough, i have it on full bright. there is NOT a lot of room back there, and i had to modify the mounting to bring the radio forward, and raise the back of the radio a bit. i searched a lot for a radio with nav, and the pioneer came up on sale(525), the stuff from crutchfield was 125+25, and without help from crutchfield, i dont think i could have done it. the steering wheel controls still dont work, i am on the second module. some time in the future, i plan on trying to get the module to work, but to do this, the whole shebang has to come out again. android auto is really cool, and i think it is way better than any other nav system out there. however, i like the pioneer nav display, because the fonts are bigger. so i run the factory display, and waze in the background, for warnings on red light cameras, and listen to music on the sd card. i still have the factory speakers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.