Hyundai Forums banner

UPDATE: Santa Fe Sport 2013-2017 Tesla Android Head Unit

35K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  upei.one 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a new tesla style head unit for the Santa Fe Sport. It is fully plug n play.

All OEM Functions will be functional.

Steering Wheel Controls
OEM Reverse Backup Camera
OEM Reverse Parking Sensors
OEM USB/Aux Port will work
Climate Controls are integrated into the unit.
Full Android 8.1 * They will provide an update file to upgrade the head unit to Android 9/9.1*

They are providing me with plastic panel popper tools
Screen protector
Android/Carplay Adapter.

Tesla Style Head Unit Santa Fe Sport

Key Specs:
TS 4G LTE player
CPU: SL9853 Intel IA, 8 CORE, 1.872 GHz
Android 8.1 system
DDR4 4 GB RAM + 64GB ROM, large RAM that support good video viewing
Global 4G LTE support with sim card slot, also built-in wifi.
Support Bluetooth 5.0 and Network sharing via BT, with external MICROPHONE
Support 4 K (3840 * 2160 Pixel) HD video display

Feature:
Resolution: 768 * 1024
Touch screen: IPS touchscreen.
Mirroring function: support android phone and iphone, apple.
Carplay @ android car available. (optional) They are providing the adapter free of charge.
App installation: support download, install, crib app from app store.
DVR / USB ADAS DVR: High speed 1080 P / 720 P recording, operated by unit's touch screen.
ADAS system support (lane departure warning, front collision warning, stop & go). in our set meal, what we offer is ADAS DVR.
OBD 2: support
TPMS: support with built-in and external testers.
Radio / RDS: support
DAB: support but need to connect module before shipment. Close seller if you have DAB.
Steering wheel: oringinal steering wheel control supported
Wallpaper / Logo: support.
Google store / Youtube: support, if you buy 4G version, you can use 4G internet to browse the youtube very quickly.
Language: more than 50 types of country language.
Audio: built-in 10 band EQ adjustment.

I will provide a full write up once I have installed everything.

Total Cost was 523 CAD shipped.

See less See more
#33 · (Edited)
Yours is a lot different than mine. However, the functionality should be the same. That cable with the amp wire is if you are to run an external amplifier. You have a factory built in amplifier. They should have given you a harness adapter that plugs into your factory harness. I noticed that yours says Sonata 8th Gen. Make sure it's the correct harness for the Santa fe.
Example of my harness -

From there you should have 1 Canbus Decoder Box and 1 SPDIF BOX looks just like the canbus box but says SPDIF.

Example: the image below is me trying to figure out the reverse camera but as you can see there are two decoder box. 1 canbus and the other spdif. In my case I required a 12v to 6v step down adapter by access interfaces. I had to go to a shop to purchase it and have them splice in the adapter to get the reverse camera to work.

From the SPDIF you will have all the RCA connections.

From the main harness you will see two rca connections FL and FR.
That would get plugged into FL and FR. Only front speakers will be connected. I believe they may have provided you with the wrong harness for your vehicle..

Hope this helps. I was provided with a similar cable to run an external amp aswell but I am using the Infinity factory amp hence why I have the SPDIF Box to control the amplifier. From the unit. I can actually turn the Infinity Amplifier Volume/Gain up. I can also turn up the volume on the built amp on the unit aswell.. They need to advise you which settings you should select when in their engineering settings. Please check the harness as I feel that you were not given the correct harness. If so check and make sure they provided you a SPDIF DECODER BOX which will enable you to use and retain you factory amplifier. Please let me know.

Climate control - Canbus settings. Not sure if it's the same but here is a pic of how mine is set.

Good luck.

Attachments

#39 ·
Hello Everybody
I have a Santa Fe with climate controller with LCD screen, I was reading above about to change the climate controller to make room for Radio Tesla.... I want to do that for my car but I am not sure if changing the AC controller and installing the Radio Tesla, everything will work.... I mean will the radio recognize and show on the screen the AC controller? any experience doing this?

Thank you for tour feedback

#41 ·
Hello, i have a 2017 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L, and I've recently been wanting to change my factory stereo to an aftermarket stereo for the intent to use apple carplay and other features. While doing my research I found out that changing the stereo is not recommended for my vehicle because of climate controls. Can you explain? And will this Tesla style head unit work?

#42 ·
Hi guys, i'm new here, live in brazil and have 2014 santa fé, 3.3l v6, Nice Car, bad multimidea haha.

I buy a tesla model, for my santa fe, all is ok, AC, sthering wheel commands etc. Sound works, but very very pour and Low than original multimidea. The original sound is incridible, and now with the tesla multimidea is very bad.

The multimedia is great in everything, have dsp, 4gb ram and 64gb ROM, 8 cores...

Anyone have one idea tô help me?

#47 ·
Hello all and forgive me for reviving this post....
I also have a HSF (2015) that looks like the IX45 model (is this correct to say ?) and I am one more that purchased an Android stereo, but at Seicane (Android Car Stereo for 2015 2016 2017 Hyundai Santafe IX45).
Right now I only have the volume and the next and back music functions working fine, but……I only have sound from the driver speaker and when reversing the image is kind of faulty (attached pic)….Seicane support is not helping much (could be a language thing, as they are in Hong Kong). I live in Saudi Arabia and a good car electrician/stereo installer is not so easy, especially in the small city I live.
My very first question to you all is: what are the yellow connectors marked at the attached picture ?
Am also attaching my dashboard photo for some help....and the OEM stereo model...
They sent it with two CANBUS (also attached image) and I am showing the back of the Android stereo for your look.

I am not sure in which order the attached pictures will show up in the Forum, but any help is appreciated.
Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device
Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Computer hardware Cable Electronic device
Circuit component Gadget Electrical wiring Computer hardware Passive circuit component

Automotive tire Font Gas Bumper Electronic device

Gadget Font Audio equipment Electronic engineering Machine

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant
Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

#50 ·
I just ordered a head unit of chinese origin. The design fit like a glove in my 2013 Santa Fe turbo. I really liked the unit but had to send it back. For all its pluses, it did not synch with my Iphone for wireless Apple CarPlay. It was a deal breaker. The customer support guy, Allen, was a prince. He tried to walk me through settings and resets and resynching. Really excellent customer service when he is literally half way around the world. It still wouldn’t work. I’m not super tech savvy, but I was able to do the install myself. The harness was pretty much plug n play. I almost kept the unit. I had to ask myself if would be happy spending 400+ dollars on an item that did not do what I wanted. hopefully my money will be returned without me filing a claim with PayPal. When that goes through, I may try another teyes/atoto/joying or other brands that are already starting to have a reputation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.