Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I posted my 2013 Silver elantra ,was road-sided to a dealer for the auto transmission shifting erratically.
I just got the car back today and she is like new again:cool:
Turns out it was not a transmission issue ,it was a #3 cylinder misfire code ,so they removed the plug cleaned it along with the coil packs ,re installed everything and cleared the code.
The svc adviser stated it may have been bad gas,but I can recall (since new) once in a while a rough idle and a rough shift that would go away. only this time it stayed bad and was much more pronounced. so maybe it need that treatment way back when I bought it. I even notice an idle that is just about undetectable very smooth. :)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
HEHEHEHEEE,,, take it out and romp on the thing.. see if it blow a large flume of blue smoke out the back..

No reason to clean a plug,, why was it dirty ?

We seen a bunch of them with stuck rings and blow oil cloud out back if you hit it right..

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
HEHEHEHEEE,,, take it out and romp on the thing.. see if it blow a large flume of blue smoke out the back..

We seen a bunch of them with stuck rings and blow oil cloud out back if you hit it right..
I make a point to wail on my cars once every month or so and have never experienced the mysterious 'white cloud' that others have reported. Perhaps this is why. :)

·
22,788 Posts
Guess I'm going to have to put on the spurs tomorrow and nudge her in the ribs while I watch the rearview mirror. I had it happen, once, on the 2011 entering the interstate. Never did it again. But I was guilty of babying her too much, I think. I did like Lovemysantafe and goosed her every so often.

It's been a good while since I let Ingrid pin her ears back on a long interstate access ramp. I drive mostly interstate. About 90-95%. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have yet to really stomp on the skinny pedal on mine but if I did it now I would just sit in one place and spins the wheels. Rather icy out lol

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Had 1 in for oil change today, 26,000 mile... reved it up and smoked out the exhaust like right now.. fogged the shop.. nice easy warranty repair there.. clean up for reassemble with RTV is worst part of job.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Hah! Had that happen last week...I guess I fixed a problem when I blew that enormous black cloud out on interstate. It really did freak me out.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I run mine hard enough that smoke or carbon are never an issue.

Now that I am over 100,000 miles, i do drive it just a little easier.

·
22,788 Posts
Guess I'm going to have to put on the spurs tomorrow and nudge her in the ribs while I watch the rearview mirror.
Turned her loose this morning after she had warmed up for about 6 miles. Coming out of an interchange on ramp to another interstate. Car ahead of me had slowed down to a near stop for some reason or the other.

I saw the opportunity to go around in the next lane so I thought of this thread and I punched her wide open. Next thing I knew, I'm doing 85 in a 60 thinking, "I'd better slow this puppy down."

Topped the hill and there was an OHP who had pulled another vehicle over to the shoulder. Whew...close one.

Best part? Nothing out of the tail pipe. I was looking...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Car in shop, motor out in about 2hr (no hurry, sinus and headache eating at me).. 4 new pistons and ring set install a little before 5pm.. will put head on in morning, and finish assemble top - front, hang it in car, RTV the oil pan into place, and finish the trimmings.. maybe heat the exhaust manifold before lunch ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts