Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the paint makeover is underway and should be completed soon.. Here are a few pics below..

I also have a question.. I picked up some after market headlights and of course I had HID;s.. Now im starting to har form a few people that the HID's will cause the aftermarket healights to melt.. the housing. ANy one running after market housings and HID's?

Also what about Xenon bulbs

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
interesting color choice, looking forward to the finished product. is the top panoramic or painted black?
I think bigboomer77 doesn't like the color, you sound like my mother-in-law, the words "interesting" and "that's different" = I don't like it! Ahh I'm just messing with you. :D

BiGMERF, I like the color, we all can't wait for the final reveal. Have you ever won ROTM? If yes then may be you could be the 2 time ROTM!

·
Registered
210 Posts
2.0 터보;1822881 said:
I think bigboomer77 doesn't like the color, you sound like my mother-in-law, the words "interesting" and "that's different" = I don't like it! Ahh I'm just messing with you. :D
its hideous! no im jk. im on the fence about it. its not a color i would have chosen off the bat but im curious as to how the final finished product will look.

im also biased to 5 spoke rims and a slammed frame so the car could be translucent and i would still approve.:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well the paint makeover is underway and should be completed soon.. Here are a few pics below..

I also have a question.. I picked up some after market headlights and of course I had HID;s.. Now im starting to har form a few people that the HID's will cause the aftermarket healights to melt.. the housing. ANy one running after market housings and HID's?

Also what about Xenon bulbs
There have been issues with aftermarket headlights and HID causing the film over the headlight to start to peel. Just clear coat the headlight first and you will be fine. I had the same issue with my headlights.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There have been issues with aftermarket headlights and HID causing the film over the headlight to start to peel. Just clear coat the headlight first and you will be fine. I had the same issue with my headlights.
which headlights do you have? link?

·
Registered
159 Posts
which headlights do you have? link?
There are several different brands that use the same manufacturer of these lights. I actually have a second pair brand new that they gave me due to a mix up in another order. I didnt want to go through the whole return process, so I just kept them. If anyone is interested just PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
It can't be the HID. HID's have less heat. I have issues with my HID NOT melting snow/ice off of the lens so I have to kick my brights on (halogen) to melt the ice. This is for my Sonata and Fusion and my previous Maxima. Three different manufacturers of HID for all three cars.

I have heard that the multi function LED turn signal lights cause issues as they are more heat intensive.

Can someone link me to an instance where HID causes melting that does not have multifunction LEDs and uses factory projectors?

My setups are all OEM lens and projectors with an aftermarket HID kit. Been installed for over three years and my lights are always, always, on.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are several different brands that use the same manufacturer of these lights. I actually have a second pair brand new that they gave me due to a mix up in another order. I didnt want to go through the whole return process, so I just kept them. If anyone is interested just PM me.
thats the same one i got.. the issues i have heard are from the projector area.. im thinking of removing the hid and throwing in some sylvania zxe and call it a day

interesting color choice, looking forward to the finished product. is the top panoramic or painted black?
top is actually painted to appear as wood with purple highlights.. il get a closeup when i can

·
Registered
159 Posts
It can't be the HID. HID's have less heat. I have issues with my HID NOT melting snow/ice off of the lens so I have to kick my brights on (halogen) to melt the ice. This is for my Sonata and Fusion and my previous Maxima. Three different manufacturers of HID for all three cars.

I have heard that the multi function LED turn signal lights cause issues as they are more heat intensive.

Can someone link me to an instance where HID causes melting that does not have multifunction LEDs and uses factory projectors?

My setups are all OEM lens and projectors with an aftermarket HID kit. Been installed for over three years and my lights are always, always, on.
I have had both halogen and HIDs with these headlights, and the problem only happened with HIDs. Your highbeams ofcourse are going to generate more heat than the regular low beams (including hid), due to the amount of light. And it doesnt melt anything, it just burns and peels the protective coating on the lens.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had both halogen and HIDs with these headlights, and the problem only happened with HIDs. Your highbeams ofcourse are going to generate more heat than the regular low beams (including hid), due to the amount of light. And it doesnt melt anything, it just burns and peels the protective coating on the lens.
im thinking i may pll the hid setup and run with some Sylvania ZXE's instead

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Whoa, brights dont melt anything based on "light". Frequency might have something to do with it (color) but I am running 4300 and as I said have had no issues. High beams run at a higher wattage than low beams. Light has zip to do with it. HID's generate less heat overall. Period. I highly suspect other issues if you are having issues with peeling with OEM halogen lamps. Sounds like a production issue of the cabinet.

Again, I highly doubt HID is the contributor to cabinet lens peeling. If its doing it with OEM halogens there is a production problem and the cabinet should be replaced.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whoa, brights dont melt anything based on "light". Frequency might have something to do with it (color) but I am running 4300 and as I said have had no issues. High beams run at a higher wattage than low beams. Light has zip to do with it. HID's generate less heat overall. Period. I highly suspect other issues if you are having issues with peeling with OEM halogen lamps. Sounds like a production issue of the cabinet.

Again, I highly doubt HID is the contributor to cabinet lens peeling. If its doing it with OEM halogens there is a production problem and the cabinet should be replaced.
we are taking about spyder head lights

·
Registered
159 Posts

We are talking about aftermarket housings, not factory headlight housings. Highbeams are "brighter" (meaning more light) than low beams. In order to produce more light (brighter), it takes more watts, which produces more heat. So yes, the "light" itself doesnt create heat, but the watts to produce the light does. And as I stated, the peeling didnt happen untill the HID bulbs were installed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts