Hyundai Forums banner

update 2013 elantra repairs

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Carlmc1 
#1 ·
My 2013 elantra is now in the svc dept for the 2nd time in a month,this time I was told it needs a transmission wiring harness ,the last time it was a misfire code, spark plug, coil cleaning. They put me in a brand new sonata loaner car,this car seems to be of greater quality ,I am seriously considering trading mine in.:mellow:

#3 ·
I just got it back from Hyundai, this time it was the transmission wiring harness ,that had to be replaced.I think in order to lemon law a vehicle ,it would have to be a repeat identical problem ,not a different one? Im not sure on that. Anyway seems okay for now. I am going on a 1200 mile trip in April I hope I can rely on it not to leave me hanging!

#7 ·
The car drives better than it did when I got it April 2012. I notice now how smooth it shifts since I got it back ,all the time I had it it was kind of rough shifting ,but I thought it was normal until it finally broke down. The official name of the new part is a Transmission valve body harness. Thanks Rich for the well wishes :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.