Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW PLEASE I AM DOING THE PLENUM REMOVAL AND REAR SPARK PLUGS AND THERE ARE ALOT OF DIRRERENT PLUGS TO UNPLUG.
HOW?
thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you grcauto. i think i need a lecture 101 class for i have four cars in my household,two hyundai,one honda,one gmc yukon, that i personnaly manage.
some plugs are facing opposite you,some facing you, some you have to push up a gray section an eight of an inch and slide to the left to unlock it. Some you push in a black button and then slide up on the grey to unlock. Some you can just pull straight toward you,they are not locked,Some you slide the black section to the right and pull toward you. each manufacturer of each car company has different protocals,so is there a class on you tube or a book somewhere,for i spent several hours just trying to finish spark plug removal/replace on my daughters veracruz.because i was stumped on her connectors
thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Charles. Yes manuals work I just do not have a lot of extra dough for these items. I did find one manual at Library that helped but I am still stuck with three other vehicles yelling at me. And of coarse emotions always get the better of you as a diy mechanic and yes I ruined three plugins that are now electric taped together
I was hoping for some kind of literature, video, just something to fill my head for direction as I have always failed on plugins that require knowledge to get them to unplug
Let’s all not cry together
Thank you for listening anyway

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yea the problem is there is no standard they work to. I have also broken a few but have found when plugged back in work fine and cause no problem. I find as cars are getting older you break off the lugs even if you do it the correct way. Life is what it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Charles life as a diy mechanic is really tough but super rewarding
Thank you for listening
It is sad we are put in this position.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I am not a DIY I have worked in the industry for 50 years 30 of them as a full time teacher and continually find new challenges. The later the car the more challenges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts