Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 tiburon gt. I just replaced the battery inside my remote unlock control. Its the right battery and it was working befor the battery died. How do I make it work ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
The battery installed iin correct fashion ?

No reason for car not to recognize a registered remote, but see it happen once in a while.. need scan tool to access "CODE SAVING" and reregister both remotes at same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 12 2010, 07:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322270
The battery installed iin correct fashion ?

No reason for car not to recognize a registered remote, but see it happen once in a while.. need scan tool to access "CODE SAVING" and reregister both remotes at same time.

The battery was installed correctly and the light on the remote still turns on when I hit the buttons but its not functioning. Is there a way I could do it myself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its funny you posted this, I'm working on this right now.

I just replaced the battery and the light works and nothing happens. I looked in the manual, it says to "turn the keys to the ACC spot in the ignition then hit either the lock or unlock button on the remote". You should see the outside indicator lights flash when it's programed. Well I tried it 10 times and I still can't get it to work.

Just call the shop and they want 95 bucks for new remote and 60 bucks to program it, I yelled at the guy..lol.

Let me know if this works for you, look in the manual, maybe I'm doing something wrong but seems straight forward.
Ted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts