Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have the following problem with the automatic box.
when I drive aprox hourly to 40 miles, and I step on the gas to overcome to another car, it is very frequent that the gear goes to neutral and the engine gets up it turns up to 7.000, in that case I have to slow the engine and alone it returns the box to gear.
I please ask if somebody has had this problem and knows that it can be happening.
I wait anxious some fact to solve the problem.

Thank you

Selenico77

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is the transmission going into neutral or just into a lower gear?

If you take your foot off the gas pedal when this happens there would be noticable deceleration if the transmission had kicked down into low gear.

That would indicate a problem with a sensor - most often the throttle position sensor (TPS) or idle switch - this is a common problem on this transmission.

When you step hard on the gas, the transmission is supposed to go into a lower gear from whatever you are using. In your case it could be dropping down two gears and sticking. That would cause the engine to rev very high at that speed.

If you have noticed rough shifting this would be another sign the TPS needs to be replaced or adjusted.

A bad sensor can also cause the transmission to slip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have experienced this. Sometimes trying to merge into traffic I try to hit the passing gear and the transmission "slips" and I get no response from the car except for some very high RPM's. I have to back off of the throttle and let the transmission catch back up to the engine. I have had the transmission fluid flushed and changed the filter but it still happens. The dealer cannot explain why this happens. It may just be one of those things that every car has that does not work just right. I now make sure of my surroundings when I try to get to speed and make sure I don't get hit from te rear. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts