Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
During the bad snow storms we had up here In the North East..(NJ) my undercar cover assembly got ripped off and torn. I tried looking at service manuals, part digrams, etc.

I cannot seem to locate a part#, can anyone help me? Granted my not be necessary to replsce but I would like to depending on cost.

Thank You,
Tyler

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey,

I looked into this as well, dealer only item, they quoted me $220 Canadian per side. Dealer said they are simply for better under-car-aerodynamics and don't serve much purpose other than to satisfy the EPA. They see them missing all the time at the dealer and never recommend replacing them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey,

I looked into this as well, dealer only item, they quoted me $220 Canadian per side. Dealer said they are simply for better under-car-aerodynamics and don't serve much purpose other than to satisfy the EPA. They see them missing all the time at the dealer and never recommend replacing them.
Dealer quoted me around the same in the US and told me "i will install for free" like how nice something that takes 5 minutes on a lift. LoL
I just spoke to my salesmen and he said don't worry about it as nobody looks under the car when selling or trading in. As long as its removed fully nobody knows unless it was hanging.
Edit:
Found the Part#'s
Right Side: 841451-R000
Left Side: 84135-1R000
Now just need to find the washer or nut part#s to hold it up.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Part numbers in catalog,, easy if part fella have VIN to ID chassis, then pull part number

We keep couple bag of the misc undercover bolts,, they have a washer as part of the bolt assembly..

On the plastic panels,, part number is typically molded on part as part of the injection mold being marked

getting part numbers is as easy as asking the part fella at the Hyundai dealer part counter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part numbers in catalog,, easy if part fella have VIN to ID chassis, then pull part number

We keep couple bag of the misc undercover bolts,, they have a washer as part of the bolt assembly..

On the plastic panels,, part number is typically molded on part as part of the injection mold being marked

getting part numbers is as easy as asking the part fella at the Hyundai dealer part counter
So I would need complete bolt assemblies then, cause the bolts are there but not washers.

If only that easy, haha. Both dealers I went to parts guy say sorry we cannot tell you the part#s.
So I rely on dealer uploaded part digrams with part#s.
I agree with them being molded in but mine is impossible to read as its too worn which is why I asked here.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Find new dealer people to work with

I can have number and pic of bolt tomorrow

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you talking about the wheel well cover assemblies? The ones on my car are broke and I have been using tape to hold them in place but was going to buy new online but heard that they don't come with the cheap nylon screws to hold them in place or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts