Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a beautiful Certified Pre Owned 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0t several months ago. So much about it I like but find the car seats very uncomfortable. Especially the front passenger seat. I am about five feet tall. My back aches and I have a headached after my husband and I have gone somewhere with him driving. I have tried different seat cushions but none so far have been very effective.

I have this problem with the driver’s seat, but have more options to correct it due to being able to move the seat and steering wheel in multiple positions. I have watched numerous youtube videos about how to properly adjust the seat and steering for a more comfortable ride. But it does not seem to help for the passenger seat. I am not sure what to do.

·
Registered
975 Posts
There might be a solution for this and there’s a kit call passenger riser kit, it was made to raise the passenger seat by 1.5”-2.0” I believe. This kit was made for Kia Optima but I’m not too sure if it’s made for other vehicles, you can search for K5Optima Store website and see if it can be use for the SF. Most customers are happy with the height increase so I’m sure it be what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! I am definitely going to look into this! I had no idea this kind of thing was even available. I thank you so much for the information as well as the link!!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wow! I am definitely going to look into this! I had no idea this kind of thing was even available. I thank you so much for the information as well as the link!!!

Your very welcome, hopefully it’s just enough height increase that you’re looking for and GL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
My wife and I find our seats to be among the most comfortable in any vehicle we've owned.

With the 2.0T Ultimate package we got the full power seats up front, and the height, as well as other settings (including lumbar in the driver's seat) are easy to use. It goes up, down, tilts, etc., and my driver's seat saves up to 2 different settings - 1 for each different driver. My wife is only 5'3"...but has no seat comfort or viewing issues at all.

Our daughter has a 2017 SFS 2.4 model with all the same goodies as ours, except the Turbo engine. She and her passengers like the seats as well.

While we don't have the standard seats, it seems the issue is with those standard seats not having the flexibility of the power seats.

Hopefully, the neat seat riser kit someone else suggested resolves your comfort issues.

Hmmm...if you're getting headaches and backaches...perhaps there is another source of that unfortunate problem. We have a family friend who had similar symptoms...only to find out that they were among the small 5% of the population that suffered from motion sickness - those symptoms were common for that affliction, and our friend gets the same symptoms during air travel. Their doctor confirmed the diagnosis, and our friend now carries ginger pills in a bottle in the glovebox - no more symptoms.

This may not at all apply to your situation, but we found the similar symptoms you described remarkably similar to our friend's, especially when you mentioned the headaches.

Best wishes and good luck on getting your situation resolved.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife and I find our seats to be among the most comfortable in any vehicle we've owned.

With the 2.0T Ultimate package we got the full power seats up front, and the height, as well as other settings (including lumbar in the driver's seat) are easy to use. It goes up, down, tilts, etc., and my driver's seat saves up to 2 different settings - 1 for each different driver. My wife is only 5'3"...but has no seat comfort or viewing issues at all.

Our daughter has a 2017 SFS 2.4 model with all the same goodies as ours, except the Turbo engine. She and her passengers like the seats as well.

While we don't have the standard seats, it seems the issue is with those standard seats not having the flexibility of the power seats.

Hopefully, the neat seat riser kit someone else suggested resolves your comfort issues.

Hmmm...if you're getting headaches and backaches...perhaps there is another source of that unfortunate problem. We have a family friend who had similar symptoms...only to find out that they were among the small 5% of the population that suffered from motion sickness - those symptoms were common for that affliction, and our friend gets the same symptoms during air travel. Their doctor confirmed the diagnosis, and our friend now carries ginger pills in a bottle in the glovebox - no more symptoms.

This may not at all apply to your situation, but we found the similar symptoms you described remarkably similar to our friend's, especially when you mentioned the headaches.

Best wishes and good luck on getting your situation resolved.

Agree except on long trips (4+ hours) I wish for a little more tailbone support. This is a pretty common complaint in a lot of vehicles I would say.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Agree except on long trips (4+ hours) I wish for a little more tailbone support. This is a pretty common complaint in a lot of vehicles I would say.
I can see that...it would indeed apply on longer trips in almost any vehicle.

We managed a 5 hour trip in our daughter's Santa Fe Sport...but some kind of "rump pad" would always be welcome. :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uncomfortable Seats- 2015 Santa Fe

Wow! I feel exactly the same way as the person who started this conversation! We recently purchased a used 2015 Santa Fe in great condition and now after just a few weeks of using it locally, I am dreading leaving town for a long road trip which is quite normal for us...because in just the quick trips within our city...I’ve been shocked at how uncomfortable the seats are, especially the passenger seat (for reasons mentioned above- and not being a powered seat).
I also am 5’1” tall. The seat base is definitely made for someone with longer legs! And the edge of the seat (that hits behind ones knees) is very firm- not soft, and comes to somewhat of a pointed edge instead of a cuved edge!? So that’s one of the most uncomfortable points. Also the lack of cushioning in the “base” of the seat and the “back” of ones seat (from the butt to the shoulders). I’m comparing these seats with our 10 yr old Dodge Caravan that we are trying to sell...and every time I get back into the van I’m immediately thinking...”I can’t get over how comfy and supportive these seats are!!” And we’ve driven many 14 hour days in it and my husband has a bad back and doesn’t ever complain about lack of comfort. I’ve started wondering if we should just keep that van till it dies...(sell the Santa Fe for now)...I was looking forward to something with some “bells and whistles” as the van was the very plain stripped down version...and our grandchildren who visit are basically in their teens now. But I’m starting to think “comfort” tops ...”bells and whistles and a cooler looking vehicle”!!
One other thing I’ve noticed and don’t enjoy, is that the seat is so low...I feel like a child ...trying to see over the dash!! (When in drivers seat, I can raise up that seat) (and the “blind spots” are huge compared to our van...pretty scary at first!) And adding cushions and flat pillows cancels out the passenger airbag!!!
So please make sure that if you do try to add something for height or padding ...that the orange glowing “passenger air bag off” ...only glows -when the passenger seat is empty or has an infant...according to the manual. The orange light should disappear, if an adult is sitting there properly.
I wonder if the 1-1/2” seat raiser mentioned above ...allows for the safety of the airbags to still work? I would hope so if it’s made by the companies...promoting it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this post is old. But i just bought a 2018 Santa Fe Sport and am having the similar issue. I am so uncomfortable in the passenger and driver seats. I get major body aches. I traded in my Sonata for it because i wanted a bigger car to fit my sons rear facing cat seat. Big mistake as it is actually smaller and leaves no space for the front passenger to recline or stretch your legs out. I didn't have this issue in the Sonata at all. Very disappointed but will have to make do until I can transition the car seat to forward facing which might be in a year or more.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh and I'm 5'8".
WOW - not sure how your seats are positioned...but we have 5'11 and 6'1 drivers for the SFS Ultimate here...and the seats are by far the most comfortable we've ever experienced...even better than the Mercedes we've owned previously.

Considering both drivers here have back and/or leg cramping issues from time to time...and the SFS Sport seats here has been considered one of it's strengths...even o longer drives...surprised to hear anyone else has had issues on the seating at all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am 5'7". We have a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0t and a 2019 Santa fe ultimate 2.0t. The 2014 is not very comfortable for all day driving. The 2019 is MUCH better. I am not sure why. Also had a 2014 elantra GT that was very comfortable. I am driving the 2014 SFS :(
However while my ride is not as comfortable and seems less comfortable than other cars I have driven on long trips (mainly hondas-CRV, ridgeline and odyssey) it is not terrible. I suspect it is very much personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ride quality and seat comfort is 100% subjective. Everyone likes / needs something a little different. Be careful with aftermarket devices to modify seating position. Seats and seat integrity is a federal requirement. As a Dealer we will NOT modify or alter a seat in any way unless the modification is factory approved. Just be aware that using aftermarket components to alter the seat position "may" impact the integrity of the seat in a collision, affect air bag operation / positioning, etc.....

Reactions: Hyundaifan0001

·
Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
The issue that I'm finding with my 18 SFS Limited leather seat is that I never feel that I'm centered in my seat. I find that my left but cheek is slightly over the left side of the seat when I first enter/sit in the car and I have to force myself to shift over to the right.. but never feel comfortable or aligned with the drivers positioning. Anyone else experience this? I wish there was a way to position the seat a bit more to the left.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am 5'7". We have a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0t and a 2019 Santa fe ultimate 2.0t. The 2014 is not very comfortable for all day driving. The 2019 is MUCH better. I am not sure why. Also had a 2014 elantra GT that was very comfortable. I am driving the 2014 SFS :(
However while my ride is not as comfortable and seems less comfortable than other cars I have driven on long trips (mainly hondas-CRV, ridgeline and odyssey) it is not terrible. I suspect it is very much personal opinion.
Do you use the driver seat bottom cushion extension in your 2019 Ultimate? I’m 6-3” and kinda wish I had got the Ultimate instead of the limited partially for this feature...if it boosts comfort on long trips.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do you use the driver seat bottom cushion extension in your 2019 Ultimate? I’m 6-3” and kinda wish I had got the Ultimate instead of the limited partially for this feature...if it boosts comfort on long trips.
Yeah...the Ultimate adjustable seats are VERY comfortable...even the lumbar support adjustment makes it "special".

·
Registered
71 Posts
My wife is the primary driver. I did no trip and did not use this feature. I need to try it out tho. We have a long trip at the end of the month.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts