Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Santa Fe Sport and it has driver powered seat and all I can say is the seat is very uncomfortable when I go out of town in about 2 or 3 hours I have to stop and move around. I had a 2013 Tucson before no powered seat and didn’t have any problems. I’m wondering if there’s a problem with the powered seat. Has anybody had the same problem ? I thinking of trading it cause the seat is very uncomfortable

·
Registered
413 Posts
What is uncomfortable? Describe it.

Too firm? too soft? lumbar support? leg pain? hip pain

be a bit more specific ............PLEASE :)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Everyone is different. That is why I always recommend that people ask their Dealer to a low for an extended road test for a day or two so that you can experience the vehicle under as many operating conditions as possible. There is nothing that a Dealer or Hyundai will do to address an "uncomfortable" seat. My best suggestion is to keep trying different adjustments to see if you can find one that helps. Sometimes a very small change can make a big difference. Also...If you carry a wallet in a back pocket....Try relocating it. Items in back pockets and mess with your spinal alignment and also make the seat feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I would agree with Greysave, try little adjustments and see if you can find a better position. Also, his suggestion about a wallet I will 2nd. I normally don't carry my wallet in a pocket when driving, but on the few occasions that I have I would have to say that for some reason it is much worse in our Santa Fe than it is in my GMC pickup.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The explanation that I received for the wallet....If can throw your spine out of sync. Doesn't sound like much. but I also used to take mine out if I would be in the seat for any length of time (regardless of vehicle) because it would make my left leg uncomfortable if not painful after a few hours. I'd start the shifting around trying to solve the problem. Did not matter what vehicle I was in. Always carry it in a different pocket now and feel a LOT better. Your mileage may vary.

Those small adjustments though can also make a big difference. The problem there is that unless the vehicle has memory seating, the first time someone else drives it, such as when servicing it, you are back to square one. And yes, if necessary I will always adjust the seat in a customer's vehicle if necessary for safety. Many times the seats are in positions that make it difficult if not impossible for someone else to safely operate the vehicle. So even if you as us not to move the seat, if we have to do it for safety we will.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I first got my SantaFe 2017 I found the driver seat very uncomfortable..
I am tall 6ft2 and heavy. I found the right adjustement to be comfortable after a while.
When my wife take the car it takes me many minutes to adjust it back to be comfortable again. I wish mine has seats memory.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check out my solution:

2013 Elantra Gt Base Model Drivers Seat -- Lack of Comfort found in the Hyundai forums on this site !

·
Registered
21 Posts
We bought a Santa Fe XL with power seats / leather. On our 1st trip from LA to Las Vegas, I noticed how hard the bolsters are and it becomes super uncomfortable during long drives. I'm 6ft tall and size 38 so the bolsters are right under my tights. My wife is petite, she fits better and love the seats.....other than that we love this vehicle!! Not sure if we have case here to complain with Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You can try, but since seats are an item covered by the federal motor vehicle safety standards some manufacturers will not allow Dealers to modify seats in any way that is not factory approved. At one time we would send seat cushions or backs out to a trim shop to have padding added, removed, etc. That is now STRICTLY forbidden and we will not touch a seat for anything beyond what the shop manual or any bulletins allow. Being able to change padding, seat height, etc... is now all off of the table.

If Hyundai does not permit seat modifications you can of course have it done on your own. Just keep in mind that if you resell the vehicle you "could" be held liable by future owners.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seat comfort is as subjective as they come.

Try a seat cushion of some sort. Though the manual warns specifically against that.

I'm 6' 2" at 200+ lbs. The seats are slightly narrow if I'm wearing thick winter pants; no such problem in my shorts or summer pants.

Or you could try a Nissan Pathfinder. Of all the problems that thing has, seat comfort is not one of them. Gotta hand it to Nissan's "zero gravity" seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts