Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 HSH with the ultimate package. Has anyone else had issues with the drivers seat? No matter how I sit or adjust the seat I have a pressure point in the center of the seat right where the bottom joins with the back. I don't want to buy a cushion as this will interfere with the heating/cooling of the seat. I have sat in many other Sonatas without issue...this is the only one with cooling...I wonder if this is the problem. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Same car but mine is near my left hip and only after around two hours. I suspect it's me, though. Yours sounds like a real PITA.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I thought the leather seats in the KIA Optima where horrible, like seating on a rock.The Sonata's where better, but I went with the cloth partly for the issue you describe with the cooling system in the seats causing them to be too firm. Unfortunately, you don't get the seat position memory with the cloth seats.

Outside of a cushion, you might try an upholstering shop. If you carry a wallet in your rear pocket, you might take it out to see if it helps any.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I actually find my ‘16 HSH bucket seats to be quite comfortable compared to the ‘15 Elantra I traded in for my HSH. I had that Elantra 1 year and it was downright painful to sit in due to how I sit in it to drive. I found it ridiculous that I had to adjust my driving posture, the same driving posture I’ve used since owning my first car, over 20 years ago, just to not be uncomfortable. The car barely lasted a year and I couldn’t wait to offload it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The seats in my 2016 HSH Limited w/ Ultimate Package are very comfortable... That lumbar support is pretty awesome! Puts that pressure point right where I need it! Had to move it up and down and forward and backwards a few times to get it exactly perfect but now it's spot on!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2018 Sonata hybrid with ultimate package. I can't drive more than 15 minutes without my but starting to hurt and my legs going numb. The back part of the seat is fine, it's just the bottom. It has no contour and is just super soft with a harder strip line down the middle. I've only had it for a few months, but the drivers seat seems worn out and is super squishy and soft - way more squishy than the passenger seat. When I get out it leaves in impression where my sit bones were. I've tried tons of positions, and can't get comfortable.

I am currently trying out some harder cushions, but plan to go to the dealer and see why the seat is so soft.

If you found a good solution, please let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts