Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2018 elantra which at first thought i loved. Its been 28 days since I been driving and ive started to realize that the seat is causing me allot of back pain. Is this an issue for anyone else? I realize its my fault for not noticing this before I purchased the car. Seems as tho no matter how i position the seat Im always too far from the steering wheel or too close to the pedals. Is there anything the dealership can do for me as far as adjusting the seat? At this point I am considering selling the car back and losing 5-7 thousand dollars because I just cant take how bad these seats are for my body type.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recently purchased a 2018 elantra which at first thought i loved. Its been 28 days since I been driving and ive started to realize that the seat is causing me allot of back pain. Is this an issue for anyone else? I realize its my fault for not noticing this before I purchased the car. Seems as tho no matter how i position the seat Im always too far from the steering wheel or too close to the pedals. Is there anything the dealership can do for me as far as adjusting the seat? At this point I am considering selling the car back and losing 5-7 thousand dollars because I just cant take how bad these seats are for my body type.
I'm not sure if you've realized this but you can pull/push the wheel towards/away from you after undoing the latch underneath it. This will allow you to pull the chair back while keeping comfortable distance to the wheel.

Also, mine came with lumbar support switch which is fantastic. If yours doesn't, you can purchase those online and combined with wheel trick, should get you in a happy place.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recently purchased a 2018 Elantra.
Elantra or Elantra GT? I'm guessing you're talking about a U.S. built Elantra. For some reason there have been lots of complaints about its seats. The Korean-built versions don't have the same issues. Regardless, both the standard and Sport GTs have the same seats as their international counterparts and I have heard of any issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Common problem with hyundai/kia seats without lumbar support.
When I had traded in my Sonata GL 2010 (wich bad them) for GL 2015, I didn't realise the seats were without lumbar support causing a back pain no matter how I positioned them.
I've tryed a few different cushions nothing really worked well antill I made a lumbar support using blood presure cuffs (see my post here: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/lf-2015-sonata-i45/569978-diy-lumbar-support-blood-presure-cuff.html)
Also, I bought a sheepskin covers (1pc 100% Natural fur Australian sheepskin car seat covers universal size for one front seat cover accessories automobiles 2015-in Automobiles Seat Covers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) that make the seats even more comfortable and practical in every day use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I have no problems with the seats in the 2018 Elantra GT Sport. Comfy (and ventilated/heated!). The lumbar support makes a huge difference coming from my previous 2006 vehicle with no lumbar support and cloth seats.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
Yeah, I have no problems with the seats in the 2018 Elantra GT Sport. Comfy (and ventilated/heated!). The lumbar support makes a huge difference coming from my previous 2006 vehicle with no lumbar support and cloth seats.
Seems people forgot the GT has had available ventilated seats since the 2016 model year lol.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think the base GT seats are awful compared to the Sport's as well as my stock seats. They were flat as could be and found my legs in awkward places. Wish the Sport's seats had JUST a little more bolstering on the bottom but they are still very good stock seats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seems people forgot the GT has had available ventilated seats since the 2016 model year lol.
I hadn't even considered the GT before this year model, so I was unaware.

It's crazy how few vehicles - at any price point - have both ventilated and heated seats. How they managed to package that into the GT Sport at such a low price still astounds me.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

It's crazy how few vehicles - at any price point - have both ventilated and heated seats. How they managed to package that into the GT Sport at such a low price still astounds me.
Yeah just think the previous generation was like $26,500 sticker with them. I agree features are trickling down... Yet they couldn't keep the heated steering wheel that Canada gets is a bit ridiculous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 elantra had the same problem. I bought a pillow and now sitting on it makes all the difference. I also was tempted to sell it but not now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah just think the previous generation was like $26,500 sticker with them. I agree features are trickling down... Yet they couldn't keep the heated steering wheel that Canada gets is a bit ridiculous.

Not just a heated steering wheel. The GT Sport (6MT) in Canada gets the following that we don't get here in the states:

1. Heated Steering wheel
2. Wireless charging
3. PANO roof
4. RED SEAT BELTS!!!!

Dunno about you guys, but I would have loved being able to get 2, 3, and 4 with my 6MT.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check out my solution:

2013 Elantra Gt Base Model Drivers Seat -- Lack of Comfort found in the Hyundai forums on this site !

I was going to sell my vehicle also, but this modifcation solved the issue !

·
Registered
657 Posts

Why is this 'ventilated seats' so 'amazing' feature? It is VENTILATED not 'cooled' seats.
It needs perforated seat and one motor per seat to blow air. Total cost about $15 for fans and switches if that much.
Perforated stuff tends to rip off if you are not careful...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not just a heated steering wheel. The GT Sport (6MT) in Canada gets the following that we don't get here in the states:

1. Heated Steering wheel
2. Wireless charging
3. PANO roof
4. RED SEAT BELTS!!!!

Dunno about you guys, but I would have loved being able to get 2, 3, and 4 with my 6MT.
For me 1, 2 and 3 but I would have loved to been able to get the full tech package with a manual. That being said, the DCT is faster :grin2:

Why is this 'ventilated seats' so 'amazing' feature? It is VENTILATED not 'cooled' seats.
It needs perforated seat and one motor per seat to blow air. Total cost about $15 for fans and switches if that much.
Have you used them before? I can tell you that even though it's not cooled, they really help keep me from sticking to the seat. These cars have cheap leather at best, and it doesn't breathe as well as higher quality leather, it's amazing how good it feels.

·
Registered
95 Posts

1. Heated Steering wheel
2. Wireless charging
3. PANO roof
4. RED SEAT BELTS!!!!

Wonder why the GTA 6 speed don't offer Tech package?

My mom GTS tech don't have red seatbelts but everything else.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Uh because they still work really well. Half the time cooled and ventilated get interchanged anyway. Yes one may be a little better than the other but when you have leather in the summer "just" the fact you can blow coolish air through the seat is awesome. Also I already know there is more engineering that goes into it than simply adding a fan. Even if slightly there has to be a difference. Pretty sure our Genesis has two fans in the seats since their are little vents in the back of the seat.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Wonder why the GTA 6 speed don't offer Tech package?

My mom GTS tech don't have red seatbelts but everything else.
Because making the tech part of the package work with a manual transmission is very tricky and I am sure costly if possible.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts