Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sonata Limited and am on my 2nd X2. Wish I would have known about the X5 when the 1st X2 unit was replaced in August 2014. Now this unit is bad.

When I finally reached UNAVI I was sent a replacement SD card, which worked for a day. Now the unit freezes with some type of system message locked in and have to reboot or it stays on after turning the car off. I have talked to technical support a couple of times since and have been assured they would check on what can be done and get back to me, which they never do.

I am so sorry I didn't get the Limited that came with the Navigation package instead of buying after market.

Even when the unit works, the navigation was terrible with Speed Navi on the X2, still found myself using my $120 Garmin with it on trips.

Anyone have any ideas?

Stu

·
Registered
409 Posts
Oh but we have replied, I did personally and sent parts. Also the unit is under warranty and if you purchased the X2 then the X5 was not available yet as we ran out of product X2 almost a month and a half before the X5 was released. Now we want you to be happy however we must know of the issues that are going on. Throwing parts at an issue is no way to resolve an issue or provide you with the best service. Now i spoke with your installer only a couple of days ago about your system and requested more info about what is going on so we can get your issue repaired. If you wish to get the X5 then you can upgrade to it for the cost difference in the unit. Also this is not the forum to receive tech support, AS i promised you when i spoke with you we will get this resolved but we must get more info about what is going on and if the sd card was not the solution then why didn't i get a call as i kindly asked? We strive in giving the best customer support possible but since we are not on the install side we must diagnose the problem correctly, thats why we ask all the questions. Again you can always reach me at the office for support and we can parts sent as we need, i only ask that you are specific on the issues. For Example if its freezing; we need to know if its in navigation or radio mode, after driving for a period of time or not ETC. Please let us know so we can help.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh but we have replied, I did personally and sent parts. Also the unit is under warranty and if you purchased the X2 then the X5 was not available yet as we ran out of product X2 almost a month and a half before the X5 was released. Now we want you to be happy however we must know of the issues that are going on. Throwing parts at an issue is no way to resolve an issue or provide you with the best service. Now i spoke with your installer only a couple of days ago about your system and requested more info about what is going on so we can get your issue repaired. If you wish to get the X5 then you can upgrade to it for the cost difference in the unit. Also this is not the forum to receive tech support, AS i promised you when i spoke with you we will get this resolved but we must get more info about what is going on and if the sd card was not the solution then why didn't i get a call as i kindly asked? We strive in giving the best customer support possible but since we are not on the install side we must diagnose the problem correctly, thats why we ask all the questions. Again you can always reach me at the office for support and we can parts sent as we need, i only ask that you are specific on the issues. For Example if its freezing; we need to know if its in navigation or radio mode, after driving for a period of time or not ETC. Please let us know so we can help.

Rob
I want to thank Rob at UNAVI for getting back to me. I was given a choice of having the unit repaired at the place who did the initial installation or I can get the upgrade to the X5, paying the difference.

I am currently weighing the 2 options and will post later on my decision and final resolution, but after my conversation I am confident that it will be resolved to my satisfaction and that UNAVI does stand behind their products.

Stu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts