Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I recently purchased a 2013 Elantra Limited, but it did not have a backup camera or navigation. I did a lot of research on the internet and found UNAVI.
I am so glad I chose the UNAVI X5 with a backup camera. It gives me what I want with a factory look (I did not want any of the “add-on” navigation and backup camera). All of my factory controls (radio, Bluetooth, etc.) remain operable. Since there were no dealers in my area and I am a Do-it-yourselfer, I purchased the UNAVI from David Garcia (Carlighttrends.com). He was very helpful and was there any time that I had a question about installation and setup. I would recommend David and UNAVI to anyone!
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're happy with our service!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
"Just installed the UNAVI X5 in my Optima. What a great product and upgrade from my boring basic stock stereo. Navigation, touchscreen, back up cam and looks like it came with the Optima to top it off. Awesome product and company and a special thanks to Arvin for being patient and answering all my questions (there were many)."

-Eric C. (Tucson, AZ)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
"Hello Arvin:

I wanted to email you and tell you about the experience I have had with Robert. I have the Unavi for the Hyundai Genesis, and I called to request a firmware upgrade, as a map subscription. I was mailed the disc, but it was corrupted, and I needed a new disc. When I called support, I had the good fortune of connecting with Robert. He knew I was anxious to get the upgrade, so he suggested that I download the files which he would place on Dropbox for me. I did so, but they were too big and I could not extract the ZIP files. Apparently there is a size issue with Dropbox. Robert made himself available to me by cell phone at night. He said he would send me a new disc priority mail, which he did. When I received it, on Saturday, he was again available. What really impressed me was not only his willingness, with a great attitude, to help me on numerous calls, but his product knowledge. I have never encountered anyone in technology with product knowledge so deep. I am a software architect at AAA Insurance, and as such am familiar with technology and have occasion daily to talk to product owners. I really must say that Robert is amazing. He told me about the new Unavi, and offered me the deal to trade in my old system and install it. I am driving down there Thursday, in part just to shake this guy’s hand, but also to buy the new product, which he spoke about with such enthusiasm.

You really have a gem in Robert. Bravo for hiring and maintaining him. He is one in a million."

-David G. (Walnut Creek, CA)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
"Just wanted to send a note saying thank you for all of your help and follow-up in getting my radio fixed. I received the parts and was able to have them installed on Friday. So far the radio is working great, and I have not had any further problems. Your customer services has been exceptional, and I truly appreciate all of your assistance.

Thank you again,"

-Katie D. (WI)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased unavi x5 for my Optima 2012 somehow one of the harness was the wrong one
call Rob to let him know i told him would like to stop by the store in the morning and pick up the right one up.
he said no let me have your address I want to take care of this tonight, I told him he didn't have to do that but he insisted so he got on his Harley and come to my house at 9:30PM to take care of the problem .
that's what I call custom services, Rob has been great. this nav is amazing it those everything Rob said and more
Thanks so much Rob for your amazing customer services and going out of your way to take care of me
my sell and my wife we love this nav system
if anyone thinking about getting the unavi x5 give Rob a call he is amazing guy how he takes care of his customers .
Thanks so much Rob
Luis C

·
Registered
409 Posts
Luis It was my pleasure to assist you and get you taken care of. I really appreciate customers like you that are patient and understand that some times things come up and give the opportunity to correct them. UNAVi and my self strive to give the best customer support we can no matter what the situation. After 25 years in the mobile electronics industry it makes all my years doing this worth wild when i get great feedback from a customer like yourself. Thank you sir and I'm sure you'll enjoy the UNAVi system for as long as you own the vehicle.

Rob
UNAVi

·
Registered
409 Posts
"Hello again Robert. It's John Hartman here. I assume you received the GPS unit and the antenna back. FedEx shows it was delivered on December 11. Again I want to thank you so much for your wonderful customer support. I've made hundreds and hundreds of purchases online and you provided perhaps the best support I've ever received. Take care and have a good holiday. John"

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
"I was in the market to install a rear back-up camera. I was about to settle for a dash screen or a rear view mirror screen but then I'd loose my home link capability. After some research online and live car stereo markets I found out about the Unavi X5 head unit which, gives you navigation capability, rear back-up camera, and OEM factory radio controls. Wow, so I found [Car Light Trends] from [FL]. is one of their distributors and also Electronic Pluz from Orlando is also an authorized distributor. I ordered the unit through Electronic Pluz. When it came in, I read through the DYI instructions. Also reviewed YouTube and talked with the seller and Unavi. Robert Bridges the General Manager was great. He took the time to explain and also email e the missing Live Traffic install instructions. Initially, I was intimidated although I've installed systems in my previous vehicles. I even went to a stereo store to see how much the install cost, I was quoted $650.00. That was enough to motivate me to install myself. Actually, if one is mechanically inclined, it is family simple with the exception of rigging the live traffic module, you have to solder the antenna hook up for my particular car year. But am happy with my Unavi X5. If anyone one is interested: go to [unavi-usa.com], or even call Robert at 682-213-2900, he can also walk you through the install process. I also used the instructions Ken a fellow Genesis Forum college from New Jersey who also installed his unit by himself, his instructions are great also, He could be contacted at [email protected]. Thanks Ken for your info. Well hope this will convince everyone interested can buy the Unavi head unit, it's worth it."

-mcalo920

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
"Just wanted to thank you again for your help expediting the timely upgrade of my daughter's GPS to the X5 system. As a result, she had no problem navigating to Nevada through areas that she was unfamiliar with and reached her final destination with no problem. She absolutely loves the X5 and all the features. She says that it is very user friendly and extremely accurate. It also gave my husband and I peace of mind during her trip. We appreciate you taking the time even though you were all the way in Texas. Their gain was definitely the California Unavi branch's loss.

Thank you again for everything you did."

-Sue & David M. (Corona, CA)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts