Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:00000732::00000732::00000732::00000732::00000732:

Installed OVER THOUSANDS of U.S. vehicles alone Since 2009!

As we strive to be the industry's leading OEM-INTEGRATED NAVIGATION solution provider, we want to take this time to encourage
our customers and members interested in our product to take a moment to offer your feedback and/or review the experiences from
past customers to those who are simply just interested.

Also if I may ask we are opening this thread for UNAVI products and experiences, and ask that members who wish to compare our
product to other brands to use the appropriate threads.
We have multiple threads covering comparison, prices, and general questions opened in this forum.

Unavi would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their participation and comments in this section. Have a great day!:D

-From the UNAVI Team-

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had a problem with a customer's vehicle in Texas where we weren't able to figure out a solution over the phone. We flew out to the site, only to notice that the problem persisted even after reverting the vehicle back to stock!

"Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your email, but I wanted to THANK YOU for your tireless effort on my behalf!!! I know the weekend was a long one for you and for your boss and I so appreciate that you saw it through to a positive outcome. Wish I could have controlled the weather....but at least you can tell the folks in California that you actually saw snowflakes while you were here!"

Again, I thank you all for your perseverance. You ARE good partners for Huffine's and I'm pleased to hear that Mr. May has come back around to that conclusion.

-Maureen C. (Frisco, Tx)

"This is pretty amazing. I’ve never had a manufacturer step into and take ownership of a customer issue like this. This is a true testament to the quality and dedication UNAVI has to their customers, and their customers’ customers. Thank you for seeing this through to the end."
-Sean C. (Car Toys)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"flawless shall I say? I was not much into these things, but ever since the installation, the way it looks is gorgeous. Looks so high tech and performs great."
-turbo-lady (Miami, FL)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife and I are going to purchase the Sonata in the next couple of weeks for her. I'll be paying you guys a visit again very soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks....so far so good

Just purchased the Nav for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2012. Rob has been great so far. Unit will arrive next week. Can't wait. I'll update you once the Navi and camera are installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those individuals who are considering purchasing a UNAVI, I'd recommend browsing through the following thread that Genesis Coupe Owners have been a part of:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/253-unavi/139814-8-unavi-x2-hyundai-genesis-coupe-2010-a-2.html

Genesis Coupe owners were some of the first adopters of a UNAVI unit approximately 2 years ago, and that thread contains some real world feedback of Genesis Coupe owners' around the Unavi system.

While the unit does have several PROS, it unfortunately has some CONS as well. I just wanted to give potential owners some real world feedback prior to spending $1k+ on a unit so they can make an informed decision and purchase.

Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
"I am so happy right now. I finally got Part 1 (UNAVI HUD) of my UNAVI System install completed. Part 2 will be the backup camera. It looks so nice in my 2012 Sonata SE. A very big thanks to Rob, you have been awesome help with this install. This was quite the experience being that the last time I tried to install anything in-dash was in a 1985 GMC Jimmy in 2003. I ran an extension RCA cable so I don't have to pull out the unit for my backup camera install and ran additional RCA into the glovebox for now for the video in feature. Just for giggles I played with my bluelink turn by turn and it just looks so sad and blue in comparison to the full color maps".
-djames-(DFW,TX)

·
Registered
409 Posts
"Thanks Rob...I spoke with you today and ordered the Unavi. Looking forward to getting it installed. I just got to say that this guy Rob from UNAVI is on the job. I must have called 3 or 4 times today (after having some minor issues using paypal) but, on my last call to Rob just used CC and Unavi on its way. Thanks again Rob".
-nitejsts-(Staten Island, NY)

·
Registered
409 Posts
"uNavi really did a great job with reliability.
some people don't start off as fans of the gloss black wings, but they go with the climate control module in a way that continues.the triangle motif of the waterfall.center console ...
The window tint also gives a gloss black look from the interior, trust.me ... it works aesthetically.
further, if that aspect of the product.matters more than proven reliability, performance, strong tech support and up to a 3 year warranty ..... you might as well go get a Kenwood, a.fascia kit, and some 3M vinyl wrap ...
my dealership was drooling when I took it up there - side by side my nav is faster.than factory....
plus, from ignition, the unit has XM playing in 3 seconds, screen.loads.in about 15 and MAP feature is available in about twenty five seconds on my uNavi ...
I am just super pleased with my purchase".
-RedTurbo-(Central Ohio)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my UNAVI X2 yesterday for my Turbo Sonata. Rob at Unavi was just an amazing person to deal with. He answered all of my questions very quickly and courteously. I was seriously impressed.

Now, Big ticket items like this, I am always interested in but either it is very hard to talk to someone directly or all the features you are looking for in a system are not available. For me keeping factory everything was my concern. I would not have been happy settling having an external mic, losing the factory USB, and having my steering wheel buttons reprogrammed or not functioning. Rob assured me that all the factory settings remain intact. Except for the outside temperature at the moment does not function. Rob Also assured me that when they fix that problem there will be some hardware update and that will get fixed too for everyone through an exchange of parts. They send you the updated part and you send them back the old one. DONE.

Now, I had the dubious task of trying to convince my wife to let me buy it LOL. I'm sure some of our members know what I am talking about ha ha. Well with the current promotion going on (Until May 25 2012) and a free Backup camera (I was Lucky I guess) He told me my final price and that since I live in Canada I may get hit with Taxes at the border. Something I am prepared for. However he also mentioned to me that he would drop the value of the system so it should pass customs without much of a delay. Well after everything was said and done and not much convincing to my wife she said yes and BAM it was ordered.

Rob also gave me more installaion and warranty options, (not originally posted on the promotion thread). If I write some reviews and write about my experiences and show some support towards UNAVI on the forums they will honour the 3 year DIY install. WHAT??? It just kept getting better and better.

If you are even slightly considering this system for your car talk to Rob I am convinced that he will work with you to get you the best deal possible.

Rob once again thank you for everything. I am looking forward to getting the system and getting it installed.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just bought my UNAVI X2 yesterday for my Turbo Sonata. Rob at Unavi was just an amazing person to deal with. He answered all of my questions very quickly and courteously. I was seriously impressed.

Now, Big ticket items like this, I am always interested in but either it is very hard to talk to someone directly or all the features you are looking for in a system are not available. For me keeping factory everything was my concern. I would not have been happy settling having an external mic, losing the factory USB, and having my steering wheel buttons reprogrammed or not functioning. Rob assured me that all the factory settings remain intact. Except for the outside temperature at the moment does not function. Rob Also assured me that when they fix that problem there will be some hardware update and that will get fixed too for everyone through an exchange of parts. They send you the updated part and you send them back the old one. DONE.

Now, I had the dubious task of trying to convince my wife to let me buy it LOL. I'm sure some of our members know what I am talking about ha ha. Well with the current promotion going on (Until May 25 2012) and a free Backup camera (I was Lucky I guess) He told me my final price and that since I live in Canada I may get hit with Taxes at the border. Something I am prepared for. However he also mentioned to me that he would drop the value of the system so it should pass customs without much of a delay. Well after everything was said and done and not much convincing to my wife she said yes and BAM it was ordered.

Rob also gave me more installaion and warranty options, (not originally posted on the promotion thread). If I write some reviews and write about my experiences and show some support towards UNAVI on the forums they will honour the 3 year DIY install. WHAT??? It just kept getting better and better.

If you are even slightly considering this system for your car talk to Rob I am convinced that he will work with you to get you the best deal possible.

Rob once again thank you for everything. I am looking forward to getting the system and getting it installed.
Congrats! Glad to hear we were able to satisfy your needs, at least part 1 of the process:) Now we await the installation part!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently purchased the X2 for my 2013 Elantra. Rob at Unavi is the best! He provided great customer service throughout the purchase and install process. In addition the tech support through the 800 number is also great, since you may need to call if your installing yourself.

Overall, I'm impressed with the product quality, ease of install, and easy functionality. Please be advised with the 8" system there is some modification needed to fit the unit into the dash. There are both pros and cons to this system. For those who are used to using stand-alone navigation systems (i.e. Garmin, tom-tom) there are some differences.

The cons to the system: no exact address input, limited distance of POIs, no traffic updates, limited updates via Unavi website. There are some quirks with this system, for those who use the navigation function a lot please be aware this system does not allow for exact address input. The system searches by street, then gives a range of addresses (i.e. 1000-5000 or 5000-9000), after which it directs you to the vicinity. When searching for POIs the navi only searches with 5-9 miles of current location. At this time there is no option for traffic updates, per Rob this feature is in the works. When looking for updates to the system on the Unavi website, a lot of the pages were down (perhaps this is being worked on).

The pros to the system are: easy integration with stock functions, back-up camera feature, video/music features. For those who want to keep the use of XM, Bluetooth and steering wheel control use, this is the way to go! This system doesn't remove these features...like some others do. If you get the back-up camera, you won't be let down the picture quality is amazing and it’s an added safety feature. The video/music feature of the unit is amazing, there's a playlist feature, the picture is clear, and sound is great. For those of you who want passengers to have video capability without having to get additional screens...this is it! DRIVERS SHOULDN'T BE WATCHING VIDEO AS THEY DRIVE!! If you don't have self control to not watch the video please don't use this feature.

As someone previously said there is an exchange program available, that I intend to take advantage of in the future when units updates are available. In addition for feedback/review of the system you'll extend your warranty from 1 year to 3 years! This is an added bonus for sure. I hope this information helps in the decision making process.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I recently purchased the X2 for my 2013 Elantra. Rob at Unavi is the best! He provided great customer service throughout the purchase and install process. In addition the tech support through the 800 number is also great, since you may need to call if your installing yourself.

Overall, I'm impressed with the product quality, ease of install, and easy functionality. Please be advised with the 8" system there is some modification needed to fit the unit into the dash. There are both pros and cons to this system. For those who are used to using stand-alone navigation systems (i.e. Garmin, tom-tom) there are some differences.

The cons to the system: no exact address input, limited distance of POIs, no traffic updates, limited updates via Unavi website. There are some quirks with this system, for those who use the navigation function a lot please be aware this system does not allow for exact address input. The system searches by street, then gives a range of addresses (i.e. 1000-5000 or 5000-9000), after which it directs you to the vicinity. When searching for POIs the navi only searches with 5-9 miles of current location. At this time there is no option for traffic updates, per Rob this feature is in the works. When looking for updates to the system on the Unavi website, a lot of the pages were down (perhaps this is being worked on).

The pros to the system are: easy integration with stock functions, back-up camera feature, video/music features. For those who want to keep the use of XM, Bluetooth and steering wheel control use, this is the way to go! This system doesn't remove these features...like some others do. If you get the back-up camera, you won't be let down the picture quality is amazing and it’s an added safety feature. The video/music feature of the unit is amazing, there's a playlist feature, the picture is clear, and sound is great. For those of you who want passengers to have video capability without having to get additional screens...this is it! DRIVERS SHOULDN'T BE WATCHING VIDEO AS THEY DRIVE!! If you don't have self control to not watch the video please don't use this feature.

As someone previously said there is an exchange program available, that I intend to take advantage of in the future when units updates are available. In addition for feedback/review of the system you'll extend your warranty from 1 year to 3 years! This is an added bonus for sure. I hope this information helps in the decision making process.
Thank you for this helpful review :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
So Impressed!!

I bought a used 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan a couple of weeks ago after several months of research and shopping. The result was a real gem, with only 23K miles. It's barely been on the streets! Fortunately, it didn't have a nav system. I say "fortunately" because after doing much research, I chose the Unavi X2, and I'm convinced it is the best and, quite frankly, the ONLY choice for my Genesis. The crisp graphics are absolutely beautiful and all the functions are perfect. But the real deal is Rob Bridges and James Stewart. These guys are extraordinary representatives for their company, as they are knowledgeable, friendly, patient and helpful, and they go out of their way to make sure you're happy with the product. Other companies should take lessons from them in customer service. So, if you're on the fence about a nav system for your Hyundai, you won't be disappointed with Unavi.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts