Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the info - Website: Hyundai Sonata NF (5th generation) (2004-2010) Aftermarket Performance Parts / Accessories / Spare Part - Ultra Racing Product Catalog . Contact: Simon, Email: [email protected], Cost: $550 including shipping.

First look.
I received sway bars via FedEx. They were well packaged. The bars were powder coated in white. They came with bushings & grease. They also had serial #'s (be aware there are imitations on the market).

Installation.
Impressed with the accuracy of the design. It was a perfect fit.

Driving impression.
With my setup - Suspension: Eibach springs, Moog swaybar links, KYB shocks - Wheels: 18" Avanti's staggered tires 225 front, 245 rear on Kumo Ecsta 4X.
I found the Sonata really hugged the road. No lift at acceleration. The cornering greatly improved. A real joy to drive.
It is a stiffer ride and a must to slow down over bumps. It is fine if wheels go over bumps independently but if both fronts @ the same time and don't slow down its jarring.
I personally find this to be a minor inconvenience most road travel is great just slow down in parking lots & drive ways all is good.
I am very please with the corning & handling. Much more fun to drive.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
UltraRacing Stabilizer Bars update?

AGW, Thanks for the update. Now to just bite the bullet. I did purchase the SE Bar kit from the dealer. Haven't installed it at this point.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is the info - Website: Hyundai Sonata NF (5th generation) (2004-2010) Aftermarket Performance Parts / Accessories / Spare Part - Ultra Racing Product Catalog . Contact: Simon, Email: [email protected], Cost: $550 including shipping.

First look.
I received sway bars via FedEx. They were well packaged. The bars were powder coated in white. They came with bushings & grease. They also had serial #'s (be aware there are imitations on the market).

Installation.
Impressed with the accuracy of the design. It was a perfect fit.

Driving impression.
With my setup - Suspension: Eibach springs, Moog swaybar links, KYB shocks - Wheels: 18" Avanti's staggered tires 225 front, 245 rear on Kumo Ecsta 4X.
I found the Sonata really hugged the road. No lift at acceleration. The cornering greatly improved. A real joy to drive.
It is a stiffer ride and a must to slow down over bumps. It is fine if wheels go over bumps independently but if both fronts @ the same time and don't slow down its jarring.
I personally find this to be a minor inconvenience most road travel is great just slow down in parking lots & drive ways all is good.
I am very please with the corning & handling. Much more fun to drive.

Cheers!
Nice... was that the price for both the front and rear?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello AGW / himilcyclr/gotv33,

Interested in knowing if front wheels tend to lift during hard corning due to the much larger (30mm vs ) front sway bar AR30-404 (30mm vs. 27mm). i believe gotv33 stated that "I found the Sonata really hugged the road. No lift at acceleration".
I understand adding a larger diameter swaybar will aid in better cornering as there is more control over extreme load transfers and suspension movements, but too stiff of a swaybar will yield a negative effect and make your car corner less aggressively. Front wheel drive cars with excessively flat cornering abilities offer less control and require a slower entry speed when negotiating a sharp turn for better control. On wet conditions, this will make the car prone to slide as opposed to using less stiff swaybars.
Installing larger diameter front sway bar and smaller diameter rear sway bar wil increase understeer (front of vehicle breaking traction while cornering), and to increase oversteer (back end of car breaking traction), do the opposite. Front-wheel-drive cars characteristically understeer, while rear-wheel-drive cars tend to oversteer.
I currently have SE 27mm front bar and SE 17mm rear bar. Am thinking of maybe just upgrading rear to the Ultra Racing UR-AR20-405 (20mm) and leaving OEM front 27mm.
I assume since the Ultra Racing bars aren't sold as a kit, one doesn't have to install both to achieve better performance. Can anyone confirm this?
Installing larger diameter front sway bar and smaller diameter rear sway bar will increase understeer (front of vehicle breaking traction while cornering), and to increase oversteer (back end of car breaking traction), do the opposite. Front-wheel-drive cars characteristically understeer, while rear-wheel-drive cars tend to oversteer.

·
Registered
417 Posts
FYI - Rubber bushings are included with Ultra Racing sway / anti-roll bars (UR-AR20-405 (20mm Rear), AR30-404 (30mm Front).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts