Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm seriously looking at buying a petrol i30. I've driven both the 1.4 and the 1.6 petrol and can't see all that much between them. Does anyone have a strong opinion about either one?

Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The motoring critics seemed to think the 1.4 was smoother and preferable. Main reason for 1.4 for me was about £2k difference in the price plus a lower UK tax disk. 1.4 is fine for UK speed limits and quiet enough on the motorway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the 1.4 because it seemed to get the best reviews for being free revving - and was cheaper. Decided I didn't need it to be 0.8 seconds quicker on 0-62 times. The 1.6 was supposed be a bit noisy at high revs.

It is plenty quick enough around town and cruises effortlessly at 80 on the motorway.

If you want to do a lot of overtaking on A roads then the 1.6 may have more zip, I just have to use the gears a bit more perhaps. The diesel may be the best in those circumstances.

I'm quite happy with it though.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (wedge69 @ Jul 6 2010, 06:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339251
Hi,

I'm seriously looking at buying a petrol i30. I've driven both the 1.4 and the 1.6 petrol and can't see all that much between them. Does anyone have a strong opinion about either one?

Cheers!
Hi and :00000732: to the forums.
If I were looking to buy an i30 it would be the 1.4 for me. Reasons being the same as Hyundai_on_Thames stated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very happy with my 1.6 petrol Premium, bought used, 08 plate with 6,500 miles on it & full Hy s/history.

Goes well enough, returns 43mpg knocking about & 45 on a run. All the toys, full leather... Top motor in my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How about dropping a style / trim level and looking at a 1.6 diesel - low road tax, 50+ mpg easilly achieved and stunning mid range aceleration once the turbo is wound up...

Oterwise most magazines seem to be supporting the petrol 1.4 as the nicer engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Ffoxy @ Feb 18 2011, 06:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=403908
Very happy with my 1.6 petrol Premium, bought used, 08 plate with 6,500 miles on it & full Hy s/history.

Goes well enough, returns 43mpg knocking about & 45 on a run. All the toys, full leather... Top motor in my opinion.
I am only getting 36 mpg out of my 1.6 premium, just wish I could get the same as you !! Never drove a 1.4 but more than happy with mine !! I notice your name off the fiat forum ad I just traded my 1.9 mjet in for my i30 two weeks ago !! You had a blue mjet if I remember!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts