Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also had a problem with the headrest when driving my wife's i10. She has just discovered that the passenger side one is tilted differently. So I swapped the driver's side and the passenger's side headrests. It is great now! Not sure if there is a 'manufaturing' problem with our car in a way that one of them is accidentally different, but I would advise anyone who suffers from this problem to compare theirs.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wow! I have to admit, I'm a bit stunned by some of the 'complaints' that appear to be arising from new owners of brand new i10's. We've had no such issues whatsoever with the car that would even cause us to find complaint. Your own issue is something I've never heard or come across before.

Each owner to their own though. I wonder, did you take the i10 for a proper thorough test drive before purchase? I mean at least a good half hour as we did. Surely had you and your wife done this, you would have discovered this issue prior to purchase? If you're not happy with it now, there's little you are going to be able to do to rectify this to your satisfaction.

This issue aside, I hope you still enjoy the car.
Hello frupi welcome back.
have you returned to the i10 fold?

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have no problems with the ones on current car but on a previous car (not Hyundai) I found the application of 2 large ring spanners in opposite directions, right at the top of posts moved the rest back an inch. Not advising anyone to alter what is obviously a calculated angle, just saying what did.

NB this was done with the rest removed from the car so no strain on the seat fittings

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wonder why people call them headrests they are definitely not their to rest your head. Head restraints are to stop whiplash in an accident and so many people have no idea how to adjust them and most don't give them a second thought if they don't feel any contact. It does look on first inspection that both sides are different so possibly the manufacturers think the passenger is likely to be smaller than the driver in the majority of cases. Anyway it would help possibly if drivers would get somebody to look at their setting from outside the vehicle and see if they have actually got the adjustment right in the first places. https://www.cars.com/articles/how-to-properly-adjust-your-head-restraint-1420663027148/

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello frupi welcome back.
have you returned to the i10 fold?
Lol! No, that post you quoted was from September 2015!

I'm still driving around in the Wife's Suzuki Vitara. I drive i10s daily in my day job. I have to take one or two back to main dealers occasionally for warranty work, but otherwise it's just moving them from A to B. I do miss our little i10 and in many ways I wish I'd kept it and got rid of my Cadillac, but there was more money in the i10 on PX.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts