Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anyone else been informed of delays to deliveries of Hyundai cars because of Bad weather causing delays at the ports?

As far as I know Hyundai only use Tilbury in the UK, so I assume the delay is there?

Apparently the few days of bad weather we had a couple of weeks ago has caused a 3 week delay in delivery, which sounds a bit suspicious to me. Surely even if the port was closed for a few days, the delay would only be the same number of days? Assuming the port was open and doing some work the delay would be less?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Possibly. I do part-time work for the ports here in Portland and (surprise) I move new cars around. I know that when ports get backed up, certain ships get priority over others once things clear up and also, it costs the shipping company a TON of money to dock and off-load so they want to get in and out as quickly as possible. Here at the Port of Portland, somebody told me it costs the companies somewhere around $50,000 per HOUR to dock and unload. Not sure if it's the same situation in the UK but I think it might be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've been waiting for my santa fe for months, now due mid Jan ..... dont think the weather is the cause of the delay .... wasn't snowing between Aug to Nov ;-)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE (wreptile @ Dec 20 2010, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381754
i've been waiting for my santa fe for months, now due mid Jan ..... dont think the weather is the cause of the delay .... wasn't snowing between Aug to Nov ;-)
There are no delays getting cars off the ships into Tilbury - there may be delays after import documentation because some road transporters are stuck in Scotland due to the weather.

My SF was ordered 16/11 and is due Tilbury 29/12.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts