Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 13 Elantra, since putting pad & mach on front, I get loud body pop type sound when apply brake enough to stress chassis..

I have a 2nd car out there that had brakes done elsewhere, and show up at our place with same noise,, though we had it remedy, but I hear they called and said it still make noise

Using chassis ears (only have 2 working clamps) still have not drilled it down,, rode last week with head in footwell at pass side, and sound like driver side, but in driver seat, it sound center to right..

Put ears on caliper and mount, pop not heard through ears..

Anybody been there / done that with theirs that offer some guidance,, This FREE work is for the birds, dont pay my bills or food

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, closure to this noise.. went so far as to ride on passenger side with feet up and head at floor beside console,, advisor driving.. hear opposite side of console, advisor says his side floor area,, more chassis ear,, nothing..

Svc Mgr drive, says console area is what he thinks by osund and feel..

Drove car home last night, drove it like I half stole it,, the more I toss car around, the sound seem to move places,, "B" pilar, door, seat thump, console bump.. finally decide I am just going to gut the car of crap that dont come with car from Hyundai to dealer..

Reach under driver seat, end of mat, nothing,,,, but i drops off, so I reach in farther,,,, B-I-N-G-O !!!

Recover a 3 D-cell MAGLITE flashlight... there be my body cracking sound

Fella been driving a loaner since I did front pad and machine and heard a crack-thunk sound when I went to test drive,, somebody put car on rack prior to me working on it, so I didnt know that it may have had sound prior

Got a noise in car,, majority of time it leads to something brought into car,, remove all items prior to arrival at dealership so car is in same condition as when you come to test drive car on the lot

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
lol, keep the flashlight.

There was a time back in the '60's when the GM Fremont Ca plant was having labor disputes. We were getting cars in with handfuls of bolts/nuts thrown inside the doors.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
ahh, i gotta funny, too. when i was selling parts, there is a bmw, M635Csi, first out in 1984, but not imported into the usa. they came in grey market. 3.5 dohc, the first production dohc for bmw. later on, the exact same engine, minus 2 cyl, was in the e30 M3. so, anyway, we had lotsa parts for the grey market cars. this place calls up and wants an intake cam. we had them genuine bmw, they were pricey, but this shop orders one. we send it. couple days later, shop calls up, we sent the wrong cam. wtf? ok, i send out another, and call tag the one they got. next day air. the next day, they call, really pissed, "WE GOT THE WRONG CAM YOU DUMBA$$". i pulled the cam myself. i know it was correct, the only possibility is that bmw put them wrong in the box. so i ask, how do you know it is the wrong cam? "BECAUSE IT HAS AN 'E' STAMPED ON THE END. WE NEED AN INTAKE, NOT EXHAUST" buncha cusswords, i'm and idiot, yada, yada. so, i then tell them, do you know what the german word is for intake? no. i tell them, intake is einlass. e, i, n, l, a, s, s. exhaust is auslass. starts with an 'A'. loooong pause. i hear breathing on the other end. then, "ummm, lemme call you back." couple days later, the first cam comes back. i call the shop, hey what happened with that cam? "oh, that car is fixed and gone." suckers never called me to tell me THEY effed up.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
lol, keep the flashlight.

There was a time back in the '60's when the GM Fremont Ca plant was having labor disputes. We were getting cars in with handfuls of bolts/nuts thrown inside the doors.
Yeah, I remember finding a beer can in the passenger door and another time a missing speaker also on the passenger side door. These were brand new cars!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts