Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm trying to help a family with a 2017 Elantra that needs a new engine. I'm trying to figure out whether these cars have separate CA and Federal emissions builds. I can't seem to find any used engines on LKQ for CA emissions 2.0's, which leads me to believe that maybe they're all standardized. The parts and service department couldn't tell me, so I took a picture of the label on a new 2018 2.0L for sale in CA. Can you guys show me yours, maybe we can figure it out?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Emission come from program installed to PCM and factory exhaust,, the engine is just an air pump of sorts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emission come from program installed to PCM and factory exhaust,, the engine is just an air pump of sorts
So you're certain that a long block from a car in Nevada would jive just fine with the rest of the car being from California? And LKQ arbitrarily lists separate CA emissions and Federal emissions for every engine, presumably because it's listed to separate other emissions equipment sold by LKQ?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
So you're certain that a long block from a car in Nevada would jive just fine with the rest of the car being from California? And LKQ arbitrarily lists separate CA emissions and Federal emissions for every engine, presumably because it's listed to separate other emissions equipment sold by LKQ?
Everything for the emissions is a part of logic. That engine will be fine.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi there. I'm trying to help a family with a 2017 Elantra that needs a new engine. I'm trying to figure out whether these cars have separate CA and Federal emissions builds. I can't seem to find any used engines on LKQ for CA emissions 2.0's, which leads me to believe that maybe they're all standardized. The parts and service department couldn't tell me, so I took a picture of the label on a new 2018 2.0L for sale in CA. Can you guys show me yours, maybe we can figure it out?

Thanks
Bigger question might be, why is the engine not being replaced by a Hyundai dealer under warranty? It seems strange that you would be replacing an engine on a 2017.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts