Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks;
I have been using the Hyundai floor liners now for my GT. I strongly recommend them.

I always assumed they were Weathertech floor mats, but after seeing a post on Kia Forums for floor liners by U-Ace for my Rondo, I now believe that the Hyundai mats are indeed U-Ace, and can be had for much cheaper from sites like Amazon. See this example:

Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider U-ACE HYUNDAI ELANTRA GT 2013 KAGU BLACK R1 R2 L1HY01801509 Floor Mat: Automotive

Those mats are a spitting image of my floor liners. If you look at other sites with close-ups of the bottom of U-Ace mats, also identical. No doubt in my mind that the oem are U-Ace.

edit: another reason I believe they are U-Ace. Last year, when the GT became available, a few of us were wondering why Weathertech had no models to sell for the 2013 GT, but Hyundai did. Now, I have a 2014 Kia Rondo, only sold in Canada, and U-Ace has floor liners available for the 2014 Rondo that appear identical to the Kia branded ones. Given the relationship between Kia and Hyundai, I believe they use U-Ace to source this part.

These seem to go for half the price as the ones from Hyundai though...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Think this one would fit, too? It's for the standard Elantra..

...nevermind, bought the last 2 sets of the U-Ace ones in stock on Amazon.com :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I read on here somewhere that the Elantra sedan and GT have slightly different shapes.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hey folks;
I have been using the Hyundai floor liners now for my GT. I strongly recommend them.

I always assumed they were Weathertech floor mats, but after seeing a post on Kia Forums for floor liners by U-Ace for my Rondo, I now believe that the Hyundai mats are indeed U-Ace, and can be had for much cheaper from sites like Amazon. See this example:

Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider U-ACE HYUNDAI ELANTRA GT 2013 KAGU BLACK R1 R2 L1HY01801509 Floor Mat: Automotive

Those mats are a spitting image of my floor liners. If you look at other sites with close-ups of the bottom of U-Ace mats, also identical. No doubt in my mind that the oem are U-Ace.

edit: another reason I believe they are U-Ace. Last year, when the GT became available, a few of us were wondering why Weathertech had no models to sell for the 2013 GT, but Hyundai did. Now, I have a 2014 Kia Rondo, only sold in Canada, and U-Ace has floor liners available for the 2014 Rondo that appear identical to the Kia branded ones. Given the relationship between Kia and Hyundai, I believe they use U-Ace to source this part.

These seem to go for half the price as the ones from Hyundai though...
Thanks for the info, I have been considering buying some all weather mats for a while now. I notice on the ones you got that it has the holes for the "nubs" on the floor. I have a TUCSON and u-ace have mats for it, but in the pictures it does not show the holes which is strange.
Also with a price of $151 for four mats they cost almost as much as the weather tech

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good find. The oem ones are pricey compared to these. I have the oem ones, but I got the dealer to throw them in for free. If I ever need a replacement mat, I know where to look now. Let's hope I never need a replacement though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good find. The oem ones are pricey compared to these. I have the oem ones, but I got the dealer to throw them in for free. If I ever need a replacement mat, I know where to look now. Let's hope I never need a replacement though.
Your dealer threw them in for free because he made enough margin off of you on the vehicle. Had you negotiated down to what you should have paid for the car, he would not have been so generous with the mats. Nothing from a dealer is 'free'.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your dealer threw them in for free because he made enough margin off of you on the vehicle. Had you negotiated down to what you should have paid for the car, he would not have been so generous with the mats. Nothing from a dealer is 'free'.
I actually negotiated the price first. I used easy car discounts website. I negotiated my price even after the low price easy car discounts could get me. Plus I got the mats on top of that. I asked for the mats after negotiating my price.

If you have read the reviews of the easy car discount website. You'd know that, most people take the price given from that website. I negotiated further than that.

Thanks for your positive input though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
3D Maxpider and Aries 3D are the same mats, FYI. I have the Aries, but both names are on the box.
Good post. I knew the mats weren't produced by Weathertech as the mats I bought from the Canada dealer had that synthetic backing material on the underside.

In a previous post, I noted that the maxpider mats looked identical to the Canada dealer mats that I paid way too much for. Now, more choices for consumers knowing that Aries and Maxpider are from the same manufacturer.

DH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts