Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its just me,I don't think the tyres last long,especially on the front.I have Firestone on at the moment,better grip than the tyre they came with from Hyundai,What is best for them?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am up to about 15,000 with my tyres, lots of tread left.
Khumo, I find them very noisy though especially on concrete roads.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think all tyres are noisy whatever brand or price range.
The factory fit Khumo tyres seem to wear quickly if the correct tyre
pressure is not maintained.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We're on 13,000 miles now with Khumos and still plenty of life left, would be surprised if we can't get over 20k on them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
8400 miles saw off our original Khumos and I'm not surprised; the i10 is a slippery wee bugger under acceleration and those tyres had virtually no rubber in them, they were all carbon-black and filler!
We now run Goodyear DuraGrip at both ends of the car: they handle better and reduce understeer and we're getting 12-13000 miles out of them. They're not cheap at £80 each but car feels better on them. And yes, we DO thrash the car and whizz about in it, I didn't know there was any other way of driving it !
Rear tyres tend of course to last twice as long as fronts, unlike my motorcycle which does two rear tyres to each front: it all depends on which end of the vehicle does the driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have covered nearly 20k and the original Kumho Solus KH17s have about 3mm left. Grip is ok, surprisingly so in the wet. Traction in snow last winter wasn't brilliant though. I am going for Goodyear Duragrip too when the time comes. Noise is a real annoyance at the moment and the Goodyear tyre is quieter apparently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts