Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used an 880 bulb for the fogs without issues? Our 881 fogs have the 90 degrees bend, which, the 880 don't. I am just concern about the additional stress to the wiring.

·
Registered
302 Posts
What's the reason you are looking to place an 880 type bulb in there? If the socket is the same, and the only thing off is the different position of the socket I don't see why there would be an issue, usually the wires have some slack in them

·
Banned
998 Posts
wires is one thing, while fitment in the space is other. You might not be able to lock it in position.

·
22,788 Posts
To the best of my recollection, someone said the bulb socket "fit" is exact. It's the mounting for the wire harness that is different; 90 degrees vs Straight. Someone on here knows for certain. I'm going from memory.

For quicker response, search it. I know there's been lots of posts about it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
To the best of my recollection, someone said the bulb socket "fit" is exact. It's the mounting for the wire harness that is different; 90 degrees vs Straight. Someone on here knows for certain. I'm going from memory.

For quicker response, search it. I know there's been lots of posts about it.
:clap: Good memory OkieRich 880 & 881 it the same bulb just some application need 90 degrees angle:D

·
22,788 Posts
:clap: Good memory OkieRich 880 & 881 it the same bulb just some application need 90 degrees angle:D
Thanks, Lou. The old geezer's still got it. Just can't remember where he left it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts