Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I vaguely recall reading something about this, but I'd appreciate a recap. I've noticed when encountering a moderate hill at 60 mph in cruise the revs might suddenly increase from 2200 to 2700 rpm, then back down slowly as I crest the hill. If I'm in manual mode it stays in 6th gear, but almost feels like a downshift. I also feel no accelerator pedal movement. Is this a two stage intake at work? Thanks.

Geoff

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I vaguely recall reading something about this, but I'd appreciate a recap. I've noticed when encountering a moderate hill at 60 mph in cruise the revs might suddenly increase from 2200 to 2700 rpm, then back down slowly as I crest the hill. If I'm in manual mode it stays in 6th gear, but almost feels like a downshift. I also feel no accelerator pedal movement. Is this a two stage intake at work? Thanks.

Geoff
If you're in ECO mode that sounds about right. I assume when you say manual mode (ECO off) that again if a correct function....... You won't feel any pedal movement because gas pedal is not directly hooked up to the engine (fly by wire system ) it electronically sends a signal to increase or decrease gas to engine.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Xsolera. I was in ECO mode, and had put the auto trans in manual shift mode just to see if it had downshifted to 5th while in D. It hadn't. When I was rereading after posting it dawned on me that I had throttle by wire, so I likely wouldn't feel anything in the pedal, unlike my old Civic.

Geoff

·
Registered
112 Posts
Two things turtle. ONE: Even in manual mode, the pcm will force shift if it needs to. SECOND: Drive by wire gives no feedback to the gas pedal when cruise is on. Think about it, there would have to be a motor in the gas pedal to move it accordingly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts