Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) through reading posts here and referring to the manual, it seems that the front headrests are forwarding tilting, "if equipped". I have the bare bones Santa Fe GLS. does this model come with that feature? maybe that is why I cannot adjust the tilt??

2) Can the rear headrests be removed? I was able to easily remove the middle one when I put in the car seat for our daughter but I find the other two restricting my rear view a bit too much and would like to remove them as well, since we rarely have anyone else in the backseat. The manual says you can't and they definetly seem to not want to come out.

thanks!!

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is a 2010 Limited, so I don't know if your rear headrests work like mine. When you fold the rear seats, as the seatback goes down, the headrest automatically folds forward, so it's not in your line of sight. When you restore the seatback you manually tilt it back up again. The salesman told me they cannot be removed. As for the front ones, I haven't tried to tilt them forward because they'd hit me in the back of the head, like the ones in my wife's CR-V.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
On my 2008 you can repeatedly pull the headrest forward to "ratchet" it into ever-extreme angles, until it springs back to start all over again. Try it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Merlyn - I would need to take the car seat out to accomplish this I guess. I tried to fold the seats as much as they would go with the seat in there but no dice on the headrests folding down. I guess the they have to be fully down for this.

don - I am thinking my headrests just don't do that. I'll be calling the dealer to inquire about it since the manual does say "if equipped". I have never thought so much about headrests in any car I have purchased!! They give you cruise control but no way to adjust the extreme tilt of the headrest on the barebones GLS. ****.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (javon7065 @ Jul 8 2010, 09:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339788
Merlyn - I would need to take the car seat out to accomplish this I guess. I tried to fold the seats as much as they would go with the seat in there but no dice on the headrests folding down. I guess the they have to be fully down for this.

don - I am thinking my headrests just don't do that. I'll be calling the dealer to inquire about it since the manual does say "if equipped". I have never thought so much about headrests in any car I have purchased!! They give you cruise control but no way to adjust the extreme tilt of the headrest on the barebones GLS. ****.
I am wondering if the abililty to move the front headrest back and forth on the 2010 models has been removed since the headrests on my 2010 sport also can't seem to move forward or backwards. Any 2010 owners been able to get it to go back?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts