Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st...how do i get a replacement key for my car, the keys were stolen a few days ago and i don't have a back up and would that include the FOB as well or just the key?

2nd can just the bushing be replaced or does the whole control arm have to be replaced, see picture. i see that the bushing can cost anywhere from 7.00 to 12.00....not a big deal, but to have the who thing replaced is 300.00. any assitance or ideas for either one would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Give your vin to dealer for key once car is at the dealer u can get fob programmed.

·
Registered
467 Posts
A locksmith could possibly also get you a new key. There are ones that specialize in modern car locks and fobs.

And, in your pic the upper ball joint boot is broken, not one of the upper control arm bushings. You can replace just the ball joint or the entire control arm. The price difference to replace the entire control arm may be small, depending on what brand you go with. I personally like Beck/Arnley and Auto 7, but there are a bunch of brands to choose from including genuine dealer parts.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you plan on replacing upper control arm, just replace the entire arm since it comes with the bushing. Don't bother trying to extract the bushing and getting special tools. upper control arm assembly are about 40-50 bucks each. Well worth the money.

In case you want to do the Upper Control Arm replacement yourself without having to take springs/strut assembly out, this is what I did.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/181-n...rol-arm-replacement-write-up-2006-sonata.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts