Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have been told by a garage after a service that I need to replace the subframe bushes on my 2006 tuscon but I'm not sure if I can trust them, they want over €350 for the job. Has anyone experience with this topic, is it something a reasonably handy home mechanic could tackle. It seems very soon into the life of the vehicle to need such a big job and I haven't noticed any serious handling problems.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Common item around here... most we get is warranty job, and Hyundai has 1.2hr posted on TSB for replacement of all 4,, total BS... takes that long to get frame down and back up... then the rest of the time we is doing the bushings for free labor..

They wrote a TSB to show the tool they made to aid R&R of bushings, and screw us on the labor time.. part way through the operation, the tool is useless, so you end up having to cut slot in the shell and air hammer it out.

To install the bush, the bolt they send with tool is too small, as soon as load applied to pull bush into the pocket, the rod strips and go no where.. I have a large diameter threaded rod I use pull yhe bushings in,,, now to get Hyundai to make something similar.

If you going to drop frame for 1 bushing, just go ahead and do all 4 and be done with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts