- fuel consumption
- road handling
- features and accessories
- engine/wind noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hiya

had my 2L 4x4 comfort petrol model for 2 weeks now, and i love driving it, i´ve done 2500km on it, and fuel comsumption is nothing like what the manufacturers are stating, which makes me a little upset.

The engine has a nice meaty roar to it when you pull away, accelaration has got better,i now can feel the power, where as before i felt that it was a bit sluggish.
When changing gears the rev kinda hangs, instead of it being responsive,the rev counter slowly goes down when changing gears.
Drove more than 500Km at 120km an hour 12hours after getting the Tucson and the engine/wind noise was very minimal.
I´ve had the front U type bull bar fitted, which goes well with the black ebony body and black tinted windows, the interior is beige so i´m waiting for the wood finish dashboard kit.
it´s heavy so it grips the road very well, not taken it of road yet, but i will.
Some things they could have improved: the boot is not too big especially when the tray is down, when its off the size is acceptable, the tray does not raise when you open the tail gate, so thats annoying,there are no dashboard dispaly to tell you that you have the central locking on or the lights on, the arm rest is a bit too far back so it does not make it that comfortable, i had the citroen picasso and its armrest was attatched to the chair so this made it very comfortable.

all in all a very good drive , i need to get the hang of it, so i will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it is still too far back. I agree with the last response about the cover in the back. it is kinda goofy. a soft one that retracts would have been much better. I think the road noise is more than it should be and I think it is because of the plastic covering on the seat backs and rear deck. It has good power, but with only 80 miles on the odometer, it is too soon to tell about how thirsty it is. regardless of fuel consumption, it still beats my Durango.

A little about myself... We bought the Tucson yesterday. It is the Alpine Frost GLS and we had a sunroof added (which in my opninion was a waste of $1K). we got it for only $200 over invoice, but then my wife had to get the sunroof so we took it in the backside on that part of the deal... oh well, she is happy. We added the extended warrantee and they threw in the Simonize treatment. Overall the dealer was great and the car is sharp looking. I get my first real drive in it tomorrow when I take it to work (probably my only time.. :eek:P) At any rate... it is our first Hyundai ever and I hope I am not disappointed in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, Inkogito

how bad are the fuel consumption figures yor are getting? I am getting between 19l/100km and 17l/100km, double the quoted figures. If it stays like this I cant run the car..... even my santa fe did much better than that. Before I go back the garage Id like to check what others are getting. Ie do I have a fault, or is it just like that!!

cheers
Neil , sweden

Originally posted by inkognito@Nov 12 2004, 05:02 AM
hiya

had my 2L 4x4 comfort petrol model for 2 weeks now, and i love driving it, i´ve done 2500km on it, and fuel comsumption is nothing like what the manufacturers are stating, which makes me a little upset.

The engine has a nice meaty roar to it when you pull away, accelaration has got better,i now can feel the power, where as before i felt that it was a bit sluggish.
When changing gears the rev kinda hangs, instead of it being responsive,the rev counter slowly goes down when changing gears.
Drove more than 500Km at 120km an hour 12hours after getting the Tucson and the engine/wind noise was very minimal.
I´ve had the front U type bull bar fitted, which goes well with the black ebony body and black tinted windows, the interior is beige so i´m waiting for the wood finish dashboard kit.
it´s heavy so it grips the road very well, not taken it of road yet, but i will.
Some things they could have improved: the boot is not too big especially when the tray is down, when its off the size is acceptable, the tray does not raise when you open the tail gate, so thats annoying,there are no dashboard dispaly to tell you that you have the central locking on or the lights on, the arm rest is a bit too far back so it does not make it that comfortable, i had the citroen picasso and its armrest was attatched to the chair so this made it very comfortable.

all in all a very good drive , i need to get the hang of it, so i will keep you posted.
[snapback]2654[/snapback]​

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by skitzo d@Nov 16 2004, 04:09 PM
A little about myself...  We bought the Tucson yesterday. It is the Alpine Frost GLS and we had a sunroof...
[snapback]2827[/snapback]​

Oooh... Can you post pictures please! That's the color I'm thinking about getting and havn't seen a local dealer with that color yet.

Hyundia's Tucson website doesn't show the actually colors very well.

If you want you can send them to my email address [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,

I am also getting very poor fuel consumption figures. approximately 20-25 per gallon, whichj is way way below officiel figures.
Originally posted by neil oconnor@Dec 1 2004, 05:49 PM
Hi, Inkogito

how bad are the fuel consumption figures yor are getting? I am getting between 19l/100km and 17l/100km, double the quoted figures. If it stays like this I cant run the car..... even my santa fe did much better than that. Before I go back the garage Id like to check what others are getting. Ie do I have a fault, or is it just like that!!

cheers
Neil , sweden
[snapback]3200[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by suedeblue@Jan 19 2005, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I am also getting very poor fuel consumption figures. approximately 20-25 per gallon, whichj is way way below officiel figures.
[snapback]5084[/snapback]​

I bought an automatic transmission, GLS model Tucson in Demember. I've been please with the vehicle overall, but I agree that the gas mileage is at the low end of the manuafacturer figures. I get 18 miles/gallon in the city and 22 miles/gallon on the highway. I currently have 2700 miles on my Tucson and so far no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts