Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have a vw 2007 Rabitt, and my lease is ending this year.

I had an addition to the familly and I really need more space...

Since I have always driven vw's... i would prefer byuing a VW Tiguan however the price is somewhat steep.

However I like the Sonata 2011 and the Tuscon 2010... Which of the 3 you thing has the most cargo space
to fit strollers and other stuff...

I really like Hyundai models beacause of the look and all the extras as basic...

In your opinion...which one should i choose?

Tiguan, Sonata or Tuscon...

TAHNKS,

·
1,914 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

While the Tiguan is nice, you are correct, it's expensive and too expensive for it's size. In the US you can load a Tiguan up for close to $35k.

To answer your question, while the Sonata is nice, I think the Tucson will suit your needs very well. You will have space plus a comfortable car. The Sonata comes with more gadgets such as proximity key if that's important to you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was looking at the tuson also and took one out for a 4hr test drive (connections at the dealer). it was a gls.
Really looking for four doors and leather for my big butt dog!

To get leather a limited tuson with 4x drive. Too much money and dont need the 4x. So lookin in showroom at limited sonata and told same price as tuson gls?

So next day take out Sonata for 5 hrs country cruise. Better ride, little quiter, Power seats, power lumbar, leather and trunk is huge. Stroller and more will fit.

Love the Sonata happy with the decision. Good Lunch. Either choice you win!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I test drove the VW Tiguan when we were looking and I was very impressed with the engine, handling and especially the best pano sun roof in the business. There were a number of reasons why we didn't choose to buy one. First off the price is a bit steep. The interior of a new Golf is way better than the Tiguan so that's a bit of a turn off. Me and my wife are V6 people and therefore when we compared this to some of the V6's we took out (Rav4 V6, 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe V6) it felt slow. But the main problem was the real lack of space compared to other compact/midsize SUV's we took out. The Tiguan is definitely a compact SUV, I would say it's probably one of the smallest on the market today.

As for the Tucson I can't really comment on the drive as we did not test drive one (due to the lack of V6 power) but I did sit in one at the dealer. I think the interior is just as nice if not better than the Tiguan. The pano sun roof is not as good obviously but the interior space seemed to be a lot better.

I did test drive a new 2011 Sonata and I was very impressed with the vehicle. If we were in the market for a mid/full size car with 4 cylinder this one would probably be it (that or the VW Passat CC, which I drove and totally fell in love with but the wife wanted an SUV). The interior is very nice and space in the front and back is very good. The engine is as close to V6 power that a 4 cylinder (non-turbo/supercharged that is) can possibly be. But that being said I know you'd be better off with something with a hatch back to carry everything for your family.

My question is why didn't you consider the VW Golf Wagon? I think that vehicle actually offers more room than the Tiguan, is cheaper, and you can get a great diesel engine to boot. I know it's a wagon and some people think that wagons are so uncool but it's totally untrue. That's probably the best wagon on the market today and I hope you consider it before making your final decision.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey, Spiro, and welcome!

First decision: decide on car vs. SUV.

If it's car, then the Sonata can't be beat, although I agree with the above poster discussing the VW wagon (in the States, it's the Jetta SportWagon, not the Golf). Both cars are fabulous, with the advantages of style and price to the Hyundai, room and optional diesel engine for the VW.

If it's SUV, dollar-for-dollar, it's really tough to beat the Tucson. It's just an awesome vehicle with a lot of bang for the buck, and I feel it has much better styling than the Tiguan. Don't be fooled by the 4-cylinder engine on the Hyundai, either. I have yet to be in a situation where I wished there were more power than it provided, and I just came out of an Audi A3, which has the best 2.0 L Turbo that can be had on the market.

I am torn between my love of German cars and my love of what Hyundai has done for the past decade. Right now, Hyundai is winning, in my opinion.

Hope this helps. Either way, best of luck with your decision.

tim B)

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (MikDee @ Jun 15 2010, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333333
The Tiguan looks, & sounds like quite a vehicle, but I bet it's quite expensive too!
Besides, Doesn't the Tiguan turbo use Premium fuel only? That would be a deal breaker for sure, for me in todays world. Just like the Subaru Forester turbo :(
Generally premium unleaded gasonline is suggested for turbocharged cars -- and it should be used because of the high compression ratio it causes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Spiro clocked in last on Jun 25th and didn't even have the courtesy to say thank you for the replies. :angry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts