·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,503 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
amazon and walmart have
Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating - 16 Fl Oz.
for 12.97. i am trying this for the first time, and it looks like this will replace the zaino. certainly is a lot easier to apply, sun or shade, works on everything except convertible tops. if you order a case, you get a free trunk pull/glovebox light/trunk light picture.
Yo, I'm new but was a Rakkasan. That wax or the Meguiar's are both good. I use the Meguiar's on my Mustang, and the Turtle Wax on my F150. I'm claying my new Sonata today and then I'll use one of them on it.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yo, I'm new but was a Rakkasan. That wax or the Meguiar's are both good. I use the Meguiar's on my Mustang, and the Turtle Wax on my F150. I'm claying my new Sonata today and then I'll use one of them on it.
3/187 rakkasan? tough outfit. i never clayed either car, but the elantra needs it, the sonata was nice and smooth from the get go. i dont care anymore, too much work, and they both look really good. i just did the wheels, and wow, they really shined up. i was using zaino, then when to chemical guys, which was an improvement, but the turtle wax beats them easily. what really impresses me is the time it takes to put it on. with zaino, i have a da polisher(actually, i have 2), and i had to apply the polish, then hand apply in lots of places the polisher cant get to. then, allow it to dry, and come back and remove it. the turtle wax is so much faster, wipe on, wipe off, done, take nap. the shine is way better than zaino, and to the touch, it is way more slippery, which even now is still there, where zaino would be long gone. i was afraid that applying the turtle wax over the zaino would be a problem, but there were none.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What am I doing wrong??? I’ve never been able to use the Turtile Wax Ceramic Spray Coating without getting horrible streaks that I struggle to remove. I’m doing everything by hand - no DAS polisher. I always have to go back and fix it using Mother’s spray wax which has never left any streaks for me.
You are probably applying too much of it. It takes very little (bottle recommends two sprays per body panel) to work. If you put too much it will streak. It tells you on the bottle if that happens, take a damp microfiber towel and run over it and then buff it. This will take care of the streak. A little goes a long way with this stuff and it's very easy to think you don't have enough on an area and apply too much.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,568 Posts
Ive used the "wet" ceramic during the rinse phase of washing my car the first time Ive applied the Turtle Wax ceramic. Then after every 3-4 regular washes Ill use the "spray" with a micro fiber after drying . So far it is the easiest and fastest product Ive used.
As already posted with the spray you get best results using very little, on my Sonata I use about 3 - 4 sprays to do the complete hood same for the roof , 1-2 sprays for each panel (quarters, doors etc).

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i just washed the car for the first time after the turtle wax. i go to the brushless wash, then come home and wipe it down. impressed by the initial cleanliness of the car, usually there is still some spots where the wash just cant remove the dirt, this time there was none. wiping the car down, i can still tell it is slick. the zaino did not repel as good as this stuff does. i have reapplied the wax to about half the car, and i notice some places, like the lower lateral spoiler, where before i was only able to wipe back and forth, so it would be streaky, no matter what i did. now there is maybe a tiny bit that is streaky, but i gotta look really closely. great stuff

21 - 31 of 31 Posts