Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
amazon and walmart have
Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating - 16 Fl Oz.
for 12.97. i am trying this for the first time, and it looks like this will replace the zaino. certainly is a lot easier to apply, sun or shade, works on everything except convertible tops. if you order a case, you get a free trunk pull/glovebox light/trunk light picture.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for me the turtlewax is near ideal. the cars are always garaged, and we dont put a lot of miles on anymore. i just take a car to the touchless wash a couple of blocks away, then return home, close the garage door, turn on the a/c, and wipe it down. i then used to take out the polisher, and start applying zaino. now i can be done in way less time, and i can go out and apply more. after several days, i can use a washless spray, mostly for dust, and apply at my leisure. even after driving in the rain, i can wipe it down, and reapply if needed.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did a 3 stage clean, polishing, & waxing last stage was useing maguires Ceramic coating wax for the final step at sealing in the protection luckily i have a much better 9 inch polisher this time around it cut down the working time in half on my vehicle all this was done a few weeks ago turned out really sharp.! & amazing to say the least thx to Maguires products there really great stuff to use. (y)
i have been using zaino for more than 25 years. after initial prep, all i did was z2, and it always looked really nice. after a bit, i started using da polisher. the last few years have been taking me a lot longer. i just finished 2 coats of the turtle wax over the zaino, and i think my zaino days are done. this stuff is way, way, faster, and leaves a much deeper shine. it is so easy to apply, i was done with the first coat in about 45 min. waited a day, and did another. then i did the other car, and i will be adding a second coat today. i watched my wife drive off, and in the bright sunlight, the car looked way better than the zaino. dunno about protection yet, but this stuff is really easy to use.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i use those round foam pads with microfiber covering, and one of those plastic knob-like holders that clamp on to the back of the pad. spray the pad with the wax. wax pad in one hand, microfiber towel in the other. rub the wax/pad on a small spot on the car, and immediately wipe off with the towel. might be my imagination, but it seems to me that as it cures, it gets deeper shine, and slippery

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've seen a lot of these different brand ceramic products so it's interesting to read how they are working. I've used a Meguiars product on my garaged 19 Santa Fe Ltd for years which beads 5-6 months. My question is how do you use a spray on a car with so much matte plastic (grey, black) that shouldn't have wax applied? I used a spray years ago on my boat but struggle to see how to do it on a car. I read one post where the person is spraying the applicator but then why not use a paste or liquid ceramic?
Also can you get 5-6 months outa these (eg, on in Oct, no more till Apr the typical Minnesota "too cold to wax" time)?
i have done both our cars with the recommended 2 coats of the turtle wax. both cars have at least 20 coats of zaino, and are garaged. i was leery of anything sticking to the zaino, but it appears this wax has. it has made the shine much deeper, and shinier. like zaino, it can be used on any surface, except rubber. even the wheels are nicer with this wax. over the years, it has been taking me a lot longer to wax the cars; i start by going to the touchless car wash, then come home and wipe it down. apply the zaino z2 with a da polisher, let it dry, then wipe it off. lots of places, like the grille, bumpers, mirrors, etc, have to be hand applied, the polisher cant get to it. this all takes a lot of time. with the turtle wax, i use a foam microfiber pad and a microfiber towel. spray the wax on the pad, wipe a small area, then wipe it off with the towel. i can feel the towel getting easier to wipe as it dries. no need to buff, it is done, move on to the next area. the parts of the car that need to be hand applied are much easier, it is like wiping water on the car. the only drawback is that it has to cure for 24 hrs, then the second coat can be applied. it appears to me that as the wax cures, it gets shinier, and the surface gets slicker. the zaino has never been as slick, and it would lose the slick feel after about a week. dunno about lasting, i generally polish the cars monthly. our garage is heated and cooled, so weather is not a problem, and i also use the waterless wash occasionally. i can do the whole car in about 45 minutes if i push it, the zaino was an all day job, and a whole lot more labor

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this stuff is amazing. i put 2 coats on both cars, and i can really tell the difference. it is like wiping the car with water, then wiping it off. i can feel it getting smoother and smoother as it is removed. at first, it looks really good, and the surface is slippery, BUT, after curing(it says 24 hrs, but you can really tell much sooner), the car really shines, and the surface is much more slippery. the second coat really enhances it. the darker color car(elantra, intense blue) is just unbelievable. it has at least 25 coats of zaino, this stuff went on right over it, and the shine just puts the zaino to shame. after several days, there was a coating of dust and pollen, so i got some of the 3 in 1 detailing spray. again, extremely easy to use, and the results are astounding. the sonata(portofino gray) is also very shiny, but i think the darker color really brings out the shine. i bet a black car would be gorgeous. ice like slippery, and mirror finish. best of all, it is so easy to apply. even the wheels look way better. goes on everything except convertible tops. 13 bucks for 16oz, and i used less than half on both car, 2 coats each. i also bought the graphene and tried it, but i dont like it

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yo, I'm new but was a Rakkasan. That wax or the Meguiar's are both good. I use the Meguiar's on my Mustang, and the Turtle Wax on my F150. I'm claying my new Sonata today and then I'll use one of them on it.
3/187 rakkasan? tough outfit. i never clayed either car, but the elantra needs it, the sonata was nice and smooth from the get go. i dont care anymore, too much work, and they both look really good. i just did the wheels, and wow, they really shined up. i was using zaino, then when to chemical guys, which was an improvement, but the turtle wax beats them easily. what really impresses me is the time it takes to put it on. with zaino, i have a da polisher(actually, i have 2), and i had to apply the polish, then hand apply in lots of places the polisher cant get to. then, allow it to dry, and come back and remove it. the turtle wax is so much faster, wipe on, wipe off, done, take nap. the shine is way better than zaino, and to the touch, it is way more slippery, which even now is still there, where zaino would be long gone. i was afraid that applying the turtle wax over the zaino would be a problem, but there were none.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i just washed the car for the first time after the turtle wax. i go to the brushless wash, then come home and wipe it down. impressed by the initial cleanliness of the car, usually there is still some spots where the wash just cant remove the dirt, this time there was none. wiping the car down, i can still tell it is slick. the zaino did not repel as good as this stuff does. i have reapplied the wax to about half the car, and i notice some places, like the lower lateral spoiler, where before i was only able to wipe back and forth, so it would be streaky, no matter what i did. now there is maybe a tiny bit that is streaky, but i gotta look really closely. great stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts