Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

My sonata (LF 2015) Turning "Gps time" On Automaticly that Auto adjust clock wrong.

what i should to do?

p30up.ir/uploads/f36030303.jpg

p30up.ir/uploads/f634593414.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
There's a setting to enable or disable daylight saving time. You need to change it each time the clocks change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a setting to enable or disable daylight saving time. You need to change it each time the clocks change.
If I Turn On "Daylight Saving" ; time that set by "GPS time" have 1.5 hour difference with our country time.

If I Turn Off "Daylight Saving" ; time that set by "GPS time" have 0.5 hour difference with our country time.

When I Turn Off "GPS Time" It turns On automaticlly

Help me please

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I Turn On "Daylight Saving" ; time that set by "GPS time" have 1.5 hour difference with our country time.

If I Turn Off "Daylight Saving" ; time that set by "GPS time" have 0.5 hour difference with our country time.

Help me please
Strange...I would have thought the gps would just figure it out. You might want to look around a Hyundai website that seems to deal with locations outside North America. I found https://hmc.naviextras.com. It provides support for Iran, so you might find it useful. No promises though....

·
Registered
214 Posts

Help me please
IRST is GMT +3:30.
The fact that your time with the Daylight Saving is off by 30 minutes (and that with IRDT it is offset by 1:30) suggests that the timezone configuration is incorrectly set to GMT+4:00 somewhere.
Here are the possible sources:
1. Most time zones use full-hour offset. If one of the modules relies on such a (narrow-minded) assumption, it might round up the offset.
2. Typically, in all computers, there is a file with the list of all timezones and corresponding offsets. There could be an error in there.
3. If you are in the northwestern or southern part of Iran, not far from the border, I am guessing, the GPS-linking module might get confused and provide the time for the adjacent country (Azerbaijan or Oman, respectively).

So, what can you do?
1. (the most obvious, but might not be the most convenient) Contact one of the Hyundai representatives (dealerships) in Iran. I see 4 of them listed in Tehran.
https://www.hyundai.com/worldwide/en/global-hyundai/hyundai-world-wide
2. Disabling GPS-based time is clearly an option, and I am surprised that it doesn't stay that way. Try playing with it, maybe you are missing some step at the end, that would save it? If not, - again, - contact Hyundai reps so they would fix this (or provide a firmware update).
3. Since, it sounds, you are not using GPS, try turning off GPS (if there is such an option). That should disable time recognition from the GPS signal.

4. I don't know if there is an additional time zone setting in the dashboard module (I don't have the GPS unit), but try setting it explicitly to your country.

(At least, your time zone is not GMT+03:25:44, as it used to be prior to 1946 :) )

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited 1.6T, 2018 Limited 2.4L, 2015 Limited 2.4L
445 Posts
Hi

My sonata (LF 2015) Turning "Gps time" On Automaticly that Auto adjust clock wrong.

what i should to do?

p30up.ir/uploads/f36030303.jpg

p30up.ir/uploads/f634593414.jpg
Did you select/deselect the Daylight Saving Time box? I know that when I changed it to GPS, I had to select this option, otherwise, I would be an hour off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts